Day 1 no carbs and no suger...HELP

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you have some stock cubes or marmite handy have one in a mug of hot water, as I expect your body is sort of salt.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering about your testing timings. You may well be doing this but are you checking immediately before eating then after 2 hrs and possibly again after 3hrs. A rise of no more than 2mmol is the goal. If you test earlier than that you’re likely to catch a normal but bigger spike.

Reactions: keefidee

Aargh!_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's alright then, no increase over 2.0 mmol/l. You might want to go for bonebroth and coconut milk... If you're feeling rough, you're probably going through carb-flu (or keto flu). Your body adjust to less carbs, and it's really a bit of detox... And it feels like the flu. Achy muscles, headaches, weeing a lot... It'll last a little while, but it does mean that what you're doing is working. Carbs hold on to water, and as you're not eating those you're shedding water-weight. That's a good thing, but it does leave you a little dehydrated and low in electrolytes/salt. Hence the broth and coconut milk. It'll make you feel better. It's no fun, but this will pass and I promise you, it is worth it. I had more energy, less panic attacks, and beautiful bloodsugars on the other end. And no carb-cravings. Hang in there, don't give up!

I've been following low carb for quite a while and my blood sugar fluctuates much less. I usually manage to maintain it between 4.0 and 5.9 If I eat carb based foods my blood sugars become higher very quickly. I'd really recommend lchf if you can. Google Keto recipes there are loads of them out there

Ponchu

Hi all
I feel like poo at moment because ive not eaten any carbs (starchy, oatss etc) and no sugar.

Should i keep on this or just do a low calorie diet with carbs?

All im haveing at moment is fish,eggs,veg,chicken etc and loads of water

Any advise gladly received

Salt
Salt
Salt

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for all advise etc
Im getting there had some bad days which was strange as i pigged out on sugar,chocolate,and cake,etc
And took my bloods about 2hours later too find they had only gone up to 10.1 or 10.9 then i tested again about 30min to and 45min and it had dropped to 6.9.
Still got away to go but if i had done this when first diagnosed T2 then my BS would have been 15 to 18mmol at least.

But dont want to have too many bad days.

My friend was recently diagnosed with T2 and his bs was 34mmol... not good

Reactions: Grannypat

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all advise etc
Im getting there had some bad days which was strange as i pigged out on sugar,chocolate,and cake,etc
And took my bloods about 2hours later too find they had only gone up to 10.1 or 10.9 then i tested again about 30min to and 45min and it had dropped to 6.9.
Still got away to go but if i had done this when first diagnosed T2 then my BS would have been 15 to 18mmol at least.

But dont want to have too many bad days.

My friend was recently diagnosed with T2 and his bs was 34mmol... not good
I'd be happy with 34 mmol.