Libre sensor position

viv k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm fairly new to Libre. I've had mixed success with sensors, a couple were great, 2 stopped working and 1 fell off. I started one on Tuesday, but it stopped working tonight after I knocked my arm against a door frame. I have another sensor , but am worried that I might knock it again.
I was wondering about placing the next sensor more on the inside of my arm, hopefully making it less likely to get knocked. I've also seen on another thread a sensor placed on the upper chest. Not something Libre seems to recommend, but has anyone else tried that site?
I would appreciate any advice about sensor position, thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Yes. I started using Libre 2 weeks ago & located on the inside of the arm.

It's still firmly attached. The only thing I watch out for is the high sided wicker chair I sit in in the conservatory. The sensor has twanged a couple of times.
The recent cold weather, (UK.) I've been wearing multiple thin layers starting with a thermal long sleeve. This can feel a little tight whilst working & has caused some radical dips & peaks in a short space of time on the reader..(usually in the period I was most active.) which doesn't concur with my blood meter? Could be pressure from the clothing..

Having said all that. The sensor had performed well up to the 14 day period. I'm now at the point of pushing it to see how reliable it is beyond the recomended lifespan of the sensor.

Hope this helps.

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
On my chest is my fave location and works 99,9% of the time

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi,

Having said all that. The sensor had performed well up to the 14 day period. I'm now at the point of pushing it to see how reliable it is beyond the recomended lifespan of the sensor.

Hope this helps.

They seem to go off at the 14 day 12 hour mark even tho you can still read it...

Reactions: Florence5

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They seem to go off at the 14 day 12 hour mark even tho you can still read it...
Hi,
I'm using my phone. (Don't have the official scanner.) the Libre app won't 'ave it. Game over & instructing a new sensor.

The Glimp app is still reading the sensor, but it seems to have gone from a 0.6 (at most.) deviation from my meter at the beginning to 2.0mmol. I have a calibration line running in parallel on the Glimp which is still reasonably reliable.?

Edited to add; bearing in mind the sensor is taking a reading from a static position on the arm. & meter readings from extremities on different digits.