Low carb diet & losing weight

Fo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello
I have been following a low carb diet for approx 3 weeks and losing too much weight. What can I eat to help avoid loosing too much please? Thank you x

Reactions: jpscloud

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Fo, I'm no expert on this, being fairly new to low carbing, and I'm very happy with the weight loss as I need to lose it.

If I wanted to maintain though, I think upping calories from fat would work. Would fat bombs help, maybe?

Reactions: Fo

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
What are you eating? What do you consider too much? In 3 weeks you may well only have lost some water weight.

Reactions: jpscloud

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello
I have been following a low carb diet for approx 3 weeks and losing too much weight. What can I eat to help avoid loosing too much please? Thank you x

When you say to avoid losing too much, does that just mean you need to halt the weight loss, or you need to put some weight on again?

Fo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you eating? What do you consider too much? In 3 weeks you may well only have lost some water weight.
Fruit, Greek yogurt, chia, eggs, chicken, veg, tuna, fish, avocado, nuts, crackers, peanut butter, bacon, salad, low sugar biscuits, low sugar jelly, cheese, ovaltine light,
Yes hopefully won’t loose anymore x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Fo , if you find yourself still losing the you could consider upping the protein a but, then if that doesn't work increase the fats.

When I need to halt weight loss, that's what I did.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Im lucky, I hit the magic number. my body has hit around 75-77kg (dripping wet from the shower) and stayed at that. Now for 5 weeks

if I have not had a decent nob of butter in my coffee 1st thing I wont make the evening meal without serious hunger pangs and even hands and feet going cold. An unpleasant experience at best.

Oddly I have found polish sausage to be a very good hunger stopper. its high protein and moderate fat with some good meat protein. Traffic light system has it as bad. From our point of view its perfect.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Hello

I'm kind of guessing that you didn't need to lose weight in the first place or if you did, just a small amount?

I'd try what has been suggested, add more protein and fat. It's what I do also.