Fell Off The T2 Wagon

gilllsmaad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The most popular meters for self funding T2's are the Codefree and the Tee2+ because the strips are much cheaper than other meters, and you need a lot of strips. You can't buy them in pharmacies.

Try here for the Codefree meter
http://homehealth-uk.com/product-category/blood-glucose/blood-glucose-monitor/

and here for the extra strips
http://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/sd-codefree-test-strips-to-be-used-only-with-the-sd-monitor/

There are discount codes if you buy in bulk. (applied at the check out stage)
5 packs 264086
10 packs 975833

The Tee2+ is here

http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product-category/shop/tee2/

Don’t forget to check the box that you have diabetes so you can buy VAT free. (for either meter)

There has been a recent thread talking about inconsistency in the Codefree in some batches.
Thank you I will have a look.
I don’t really understand why I can’t have them on prescription. Surely if I test and get back in control it will be cheaper in the long run
Feeling very low and anxious on where to start again

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I will have a look.
I don’t really understand why I can’t have them on prescription. Surely if I test and get back in control it will be cheaper in the long run
Feeling very low and anxious on where to start again

Unless you are on strong diabetes medication (insulin or Gliclazide or similar) you were lucky to have a kit prescribed in the first place. It is highly unusual for T2s to be prescribed meters and strips unless on insulin etc. This is why the vast majority of us have to self fund. Sad, but true.

Start again at the beginning. Test, test, test, record levels and food in a diary. Look at what your meter is telling you and try to learn from it. In addition to all that, keep posting on this forum and ask questions.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
First thing, don’t beat yourself up about it. If you do then, in a depressive state, you are more likely to eat the unhealthy stuff.

Take a step back and realise tomorrow’s another day. Be gentle with yourself. Monitor your levels and look up some low carb recipes to motivate yourself.

Good luck.

Reactions: Prem51

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
You lost a battle but not the war.

Take it one day at a time and test, test, test.

Good luck with your journey ….

Reactions: Prem51

Ponchu

I did the same as you , but decided to reverse this condition and started lchf and have lost 21lbs in 11 weeks, i feel great and just waiting for my result to come through tomorrow.

Its motivated me more the second time around and i stick to this forum , I have received so much support its a new family to me and I have not looked back .

So as others have said , pick yourself up and walk tall you're going to do just great we are all here for you .

Weight loss is a great motivator.
Reduces chronic pain is a great motivator.
Successful optimal A1c results are inspiring.

The next frontier:

What happens to those who experience success?

Reactions: Charis1213