Should I get a new BG monitor

Tinmis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
illness
Hi, T2, following advice from this forum I bought an Aviva accu-chek monitor when first diagnosed about 5 year ago. The strips are quite expensive and I normally get 50 for about £12 to £15 via eBay.

Q. I’m out of strips and before I buy, should I be considering an alternative / new one / or upgrade? (recommendations and / or advice V.Welcome).

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi, T2, following advice from this forum I bought an Aviva accu-chek monitor when first diagnosed about 5 year ago. The strips are quite expensive and I normally get 50 for about £12 to £15 via eBay.

Q. I’m out of strips and before I buy, should I be considering an alternative / new one / or upgrade? (recommendations and / or advice V.Welcome).
Your profile says your insulin dependent, from what I have read on this forum is that you are entitled to a free meter and testing strips from your GP in the UK.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tinmis if you are not insulin dependent you need to go to your profile settings, look for "type of diabetes" and tick the correct box.

Tinmis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
illness
Hi I have tried looking at my setting to change as I am type 2, Are you able to change setting on an iPad or do I need to be on a normal computer. Sorry but not very “techy” and can’t seem to find a link to profile change.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I have tried looking at my setting to change as I am type 2, Are you able to change setting on an iPad or do I need to be on a normal computer. Sorry but not very “techy” and can’t seem to find a link to profile change.

Look for your name at the top right of the page and you will see a drop down menu. Chose "personal details" and scroll down until you see "type of diabetes" then change it to "type 2"