What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enhanced CCB idea tested so thought I would share. Make as usual and leave in fridge for a few days. Spread much inulin on top and blow torch - my dear wife always wraps mine in foil.
I really need to give these a go. :)

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Very tired today after a night when I seemed to wake up ever half hour. Blummin' arthritic knees.

Today...

Breakfast: Cheese omelette

Lunch: Two slices of Hi Lo toast with peanut butter (Felt naughty eating it but I needed some comfort food)

Dinner: Roast butternut squash and red pepper with feta cheese crumbled over (more comfort food)

Drinks: Black decaff coffee with breakfast, mid morning was tea with skimmed milk and the rest of the day will be still spring water

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
16:8 today. Coffee with cream x3, lunch was a few walnuts, a few olives with oil, 1 leftover tomato fried on sunday, 3 mini cheeses. Dinner will be ribeye steak with broccoli and some Greek yoghurt with cream and ground flax (cinnamon mixed in today, for a change).

I'm really jonesing for carbs now. Not sure whether it's because I had the lapse on Sunday or maybe the honeymoon period is over with low carb/IF, but I am struggling and obsessing! Not giving in today, though. I think I will bring a couple of fat bombs to work to have in place of olives etc. and see if that helps with satiety.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up - had to attend an event for work last night so no chance to post.

Pleased to report that the lemon cake with ‘rescue’ icing went down very well at work. One or two colleagues said it was their favourite of my repertoire.

@ianpspurs had to endure listening to Rio Ferdinand speaking at said event - even worse asked him for his autograph for my boss’s husband.

@Brunneria glad to see the burglars are back ;)

@Patrick66 - with you on the work fridges. What do people store inside?

@Kingmidas your chocolate courgette cake sounds intriguing. Could you share the recipe?

@Chook sorry to hear about the knees. Hope you get a better rest tonight.

@jayney27 good luck with the application. Presentations are a chore, but hopefully will be worth it.

@jpscloud the slow cooked ribeye sounds good. Do you have a recipe?

On the chia pudding front @Kingmidas @shelley262 my recipe is (for 4 servings):

33g erythritol, 64g chia seeds, 240ml unsweetened almond milk, 25g unsweetened cocoa (lowest carb you can find), 120 ml double cream. Sets solid and is quite mousse like. Haven’t made it in absolutely ages.

To get onto topic, 2 contrasting days of food - excess yesterday and OMAD today.

Yesterday started with lemon cake for a late breakfast! Lunch was smoked salmon and cream cheese. Dinner at Five Guys -bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise. Hungry when I got home so finished off the lemon cake I still had at home with added extra thick double cream.

Today’s one meal was dinner of 2 pan fried Waitrose wild Alaskan sockeye salmon fillets with lemon butter sauce. Thanks @DJC3 for the sauce recipe it was awesome (took 2 goes to get it right, but worth it). Followed by a small piece of flourless chocolate cake (I’ll send the recipe for your booklet @shelley262 ) and extra thick Jersey cream.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up - had to attend an event for work last night so no chance to post.

Pleased to report that the lemon cake with ‘rescue’ icing went down very well at work. One or two,colleagues said it was their favourite of my repertoire.

@ianpspurs had to endure listening to Rio Ferdinand speaking at said event - even worse asked him for his autograph for my boss’s husband.

@Brunneria glad to see the burglars are back ;)

@Patrick66 - with you on the work fridges. What do people store inside?

@Kingmidas your chocolate courgette cake sounds intriguing. Could you share the recipe?

@Chook sorry to hear about the knees. Hope you get a better rest tonight.

@jayney27 good luck with the application. Presentations are a chore, but hopefully will be worth it.

@jpscloud the slow cooked ribeye sounds good. Do you have a recipe?

On the chia pudding front @Kingmidas @shelley262 my recipe is (for 4 servings):

33g erythritol, 64g chia seeds, 240ml unsweetened almond milk, 25g unsweetened cocoa (lowest carb you can find), 120 ml double cream. Sets solid and is quite mousse like. Haven’t made it in absolutely ages.

To get onto topic, 2 contrasting days of food - excess yesterday and OMAD today.

Yesterday started with lemon cake for a late breakfast! Lunch was smoked salmon and cream cheese. Dinner at Five Guys -bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise. Hungry when I got home so finished off the lemon cake I still had at home with added extra thick double cream.

Today’s one meal was dinner of 2 pan fried Waitrose wild Alaskan sockeye salmon fillets with lemon butter sauce. Thanks @DJC3 for the sauce recipe it was awesome (took 2 goes to get it right, but worth it). Followed by a small piece of flourless chocolate cake (I’ll send the recipe for your booklet @shelley262 ) and extra thick Jersey cream.
Thank you @Goonergal for recipes much appreciated

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hectic but productive day in Birmingham but food on back burner of necessity so just stuck to coffee and cream and black tea to keep me going.
Evening meal lc keto lasagne with small glass of red wine and one small piece of keto choc cake with yoghurt.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone had a good day and if not can take some positives from it. Julie started the day better then late in the day irritable bowel syndrome caused problems. Food for the day had been planned so interesting situation. Think I solved it creatively.
Until 18.00 tea and a trial 1/2 CCB with blow torched inulin. Evening meal a hunk of smoked cheddar while cooking mushroom and celeriac pellet curry I needed something warm, non messy and using ingredients not designed for other meals. May end up very hungry later but that worked for me so all good right now. (Probably the 3 pints of tea)
Other highlights: swimming lesson went well; full dog walk; logs restocked.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: jpscloud

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another meaty day.
Brunch; 2 poached eggs, 1 slice black pudding, 2 rashers bacon.
Dinner; 2 bunless cheese burgers topped with fried eggs.

A slow cooked, marinated pork belly in the oven in readiness for some friends coming for dinner tomorrow.

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi from an extremely foggy part of Devon, it’s been like the set of a horror movie here today, each time I looked out of my office window people appeared from nowhere it seemed as they emerged from the fog.
B today was the remaining egg bakes
Mid morning I had a handful of Brazil nuts
L cauliflower soup
D mince, onion and mushrooms topped with cauliflower mash, kalettes

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Brunch was a ham and cheese omelete
Had tea with semi skimmed milk at lunchtime when visiting an old neighbour
Dinner: chilli accompanied by green salad, chopped avocado, grated cheddar and sour cream.
I made a special trip to Sainsbury’s this morning to get black olives to put into the chilli as @shelley262 suggested. I spent £25 and forgot the olives!
Choc chia pud to follow.

I’m torturing myself watching a tv programme about York’s chocolate history. I would kill for a Kitkat at the moment.

@jayney27 good luck with your application
@Goonergal I’m glad the sauce worked well for you. I was surprised how such a simple sounding thing could be so impressive.