What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold Chinese style pork with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: bolognese with courgetti and LC cheesy bread (recipe popped up on Low Carb Programs Twitter feed this afternoon so I made it on the spur of the moment!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, a better day today with calories.
Breakfast just a cuppa
Lunch scrambled eggs with grated cheese and small tomato.
Dinner keto bacon cheeseburger casserole (DD).
SF jelly and double cream
Few peanuts.
Almost eaten my calorie allowance, and only about 15g carbs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you steam or boil the swede and celeriac before mashing? Traditional masher or immersion blender whizzy wand thing? I always use my wand, as I find celeriac goes lumpy if I try to use a masher. But it does end up more of a purée than a mash.
I'm a whizzy wand person. I cook my celeriac in the Microwave. Cut into cubes, season and pop it in a Lakeland (yes them again) microwave vegetable bag and blast it in the micro. How long depends on how much I'm cooking.
You're correct that a masher is no good. I've also tried a ricer and that's hopeless too. Whizzy wand is best. I add cream to the mix when whizzing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening All. Still have the lurgy so not much cooking or eating going on.
Breakfast: 1 slice HiLo toast thick butter, 2 mugs tea.
Copious amounts of tea, Pukka 3 ginger tea, and 2 mugs of Knorr Chicken granules. Also lots of water. At a good point made chilli for tonight and put half in freezer.
Supper earlier than usual was small portion of chilli and cauli rice.
Sipping more ginger tea. Trying to think about what to eat tomo.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

A belated birthday meal out (OMAD)
Large steak. Very large. With 3 large onion rings. Left the chips, tomato, salad and mushrooms.
Then 2 blobs of icecream. :D

Oops. Forgot to test. :hilarious:

The steak was truly fabulous.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

A belated birthday meal out (OMAD)
Large steak. Very large. With 3 large onion rings. Left the chips, tomato, salad and mushrooms.
Then 2 blobs of icecream. :D

Oops. Forgot to test. :hilarious:

The steak was truly fabulous.

Happy Birthday!

Reactions: jjraak

Hungry19

Breakfast
Bacon brussel sprouts
Tomatoes on soy toast

Dinner
Jacobs cracks n cheese

Read brilliant articles on importance of breakfast/ one on benifit of dieting two weeks on two weeks off and one about eating 12 hours apart.
Unfortunately a few late night mishaps of piazza n McDonald’s ment I went over my weekly calorie budget count n put on 2kilos.
Just two late night mishaps out of two months so disappointed not disheartened - the measurements and 13 % better BMI - are testament to what I ate right.
Feeling thankful that I am learning how to eat better.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice video, @Goonergal
Like the avatar, too.

today had
B 2 poached eggs, 2 chipolata sausages, lidl pork 97%..NICE
ryvita...( Must stop.)
gym, then walk with our steph get some joggers and t shirts for gyn and the other isde of town for trainers..all good.

Home to a lidl lamb shank (Nuke 6 mins) bag of spinach, bag of broccoli florets..steamed .(.lazy cook ;))
dijon mustard to flavour..lambs shanks meaty but not flavourful..might not get again.
BUT ..i did make @shelley262 (very nice the new avatar ( fav was the lake one though ...very landed gentry :))
crispbreads..added a tad more olive oil and water this time..( .i'm getting more used to it now..thanks to you, shelley :happy: )
and added in some turmeric powder (negligible taste) and a good splash of chilli flakes..and those you CAN taste..Yum.

so i ate 4 of those (made it 20 pieces) butter and dairylea type cheese spread (2)..munch munch, just the crunch i've been missing and tasty & spicy to boot...:D

bon vivant, my gourmantic friends,

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria Happy steak day!
@Kingmidas Thank you for sharing the recipe. I've had a look at the website and like the look of the Keto chocolate crunch bars too: https://thebigmansworld.com/homemade-keto-chocolate-crunch-bars-paleo-vegan-low-carb/

I can report back that the pecan butter cookies have improved overnight and oddly have firmed up, rather than going softer. I'm not loving the effect of the xylitol on my digestive system, though. I'm really bloated after one small cookie. I'll be glad when I've used it up.....much happier with erythritol.

Breakfast: Almond Chia pud with flaked almonds and strawberries
Mid morning: Pecan butter cookie with cappuccino
Lunch: Souvlaki chicken skewers, chorizo, salami, iberico cheese, babybel, cucumber, cherry toms.
Dinner: Roast pepper, aubergine, courgette and a tiny bit of onion with grilled halloumi. SF jelly. Pecan cookie and decaf coffee.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak Gourmantic friends, I'm loving that! Glad the crispbreads turned out.
haha..probably not even a word, but does sound right..;)
cheers, growing more confident..so that means a fall is coming..LoL

( you must explain more about the differences between xylitol and the erythritol
i too have a biggish bag of the xy...:sorry: normally, now ive bought it see, eryth being used in most recipes :rolleyes: )