Neuropathic Pain

Rachaelfox77

Hi everyone

I have neuropathic pain in my feet which I’ve had for about 4 years and am taking 450mg pregablin a day. As well as the burning pain, I have pain in my heel and also in the ball of my foot particularly in the middle. I was doing kickboxing but after jumping kicks my feet would really hurt as if they couldn’t manage the impact. I tried going to the gym and using non impact stuff and was still in pain. Only walked the dog today and I’ve been in agony. My toes really hurt too. I feel like I can’t do anything anymore

Can anyone relate to this? Just seems a lot of different types of pain to have.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rachael, you have posted your question in the benefits sub forum, would you like to tell me which type of diabetes you have and I can move your post to a more appropriate place, for better visibility?

Jasper27

Ive been type one since 1990..have had same pain you describe in my left foot but was diagnosed with plantar fasciatus..extremely painful nd debilatting..had more pain on opposite side to foot and after much pushing for an answer and a scan and xray was referred to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with osteo arthritus and fybromyalga all over my body whivh is where the pain now is..fingers thumbs wrists toes ankles hips neck and shoulders btw have had frozen shoulders in both sides and believe all this pain is related to my diabetes tho no one will confirm.. im deptessed and stressed with pain and now see a cb psychologist as well as the pain management clinic . I feel like the tin man and some days can hardly move....nothing they can do apparently..

Reactions: Garway

Rachaelfox77

I’m sorry to hear you are so unwell. They said that it was plantar fasciitis for me too. But this pain in the ball of the foot is a new pain. I’ve just ordered an ice pack to use after training now to see if that helps. So annoying and upsetting to be in constant pain. My head wants to move around and exercise but my body can’t do it.

Reactions: bristolgirl

Paul19080

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
House work
Ive been type one since 1990..have had same pain you describe in my left foot but was diagnosed with plantar fasciatus..extremely painful nd debilatting..had more pain on opposite side to foot and after much pushing for an answer and a scan and xray was referred to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with osteo arthritus and fybromyalga all over my body whivh is where the pain now is..fingers thumbs wrists toes ankles hips neck and shoulders btw have had frozen shoulders in both sides and believe all this pain is related to my diabetes tho no one will confirm.. im deptessed and stressed with pain and now see a cb psychologist as well as the pain management clinic . I feel like the tin man and some days can hardly move....nothing they can do apparently..
Jasper27:
Sounds exactly the same as my story. It could be that you have diabetic neuropathic pain, ask your Dr about this. Also ask them to check your urate levels as I had mine checked and the levels were high, so they also think I have had gout also for a long time.

Reactions: Wilber123

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I can sprain my ankle and walk on it within a few minutes and I don't feel a thing because of the neuropathy and all I feel is a dead weight like lead and I have broken my ankles and I have walked on them as well and I only went to hospital because I had a bit of swelling so watch if you do have it because you lose more than just the feeling in your feet it goes up to your knees

RobertMorton

I can sprain my ankle and walk on it within a few minutes and I don't feel a thing because of the neuropathy and all I feel is a dead weight like lead and I have broken my ankles and I have walked on them as well and I only went to hospital because I had a bit of swelling so watch if you do have it because you lose more than just the feeling in your feet it goes up to your knees
I have the same and had to give up driving as have no feeling in my feet and can fall over at times as I don't know where my feet are