Dexcom G6 reliability

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, is anyway else experiencing issues with G6 transmitters?

My first failed after about 50 days
Second lasted about 80 days and was ok (I ended that one early as wanted new one in place ahead of holiday)
Third failed after about 14 days (while on holiday, very frustrating as obviously had no backup transmitter available).

They’re sending replacement again (they replaced the first one as well) but in the Dexcom model a failure leaves you high and dry as no back up available (unlike Libre where you can replace the whole thing). Support are helpful but I really wish they wouldn’t fail so often.

Error message each time said “transmitter has failed please replace” or very similar.

Reactions: Froggychops

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, is anyway else experiencing issues with G6 transmitters?

My first failed after about 50 days
Second lasted about 80 days and was ok (I ended that one early as wanted new one in place ahead of holiday)
Third failed after about 14 days (while on holiday, very frustrating as obviously had no backup transmitter available).

They’re sending replacement again (they replaced the first one as well) but in the Dexcom model a failure leaves you high and dry as no back up available (unlike Libre where you can replace the whole thing). Support are helpful but I really wish they wouldn’t fail so often.

Error message each time said “transmitter has failed please replace” or very similar.

Had no problems with them. Usually last around the 110 day mark and stop then.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on my second one. The first was still going at 165 days, though I replaced it as I was going away.
I had previously reset it on day 96 using xDrip+.

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on my second one. The first was still going at 165 days, though I replaced it as I was going away.
I had previously reset it on day 96 using xDrip+.

Can you still use the dexcom app after resetting the transmitter? Our one is due to expire shortly.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Once you've reset the transmitter you can use the Dexcom app again.