Low-carb Diets Could Shorten Life, Study Suggests

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aseem Malhotra has posted on Facebook:-

I will be on BBC World TV News at 8pm responding to this very misleading headline. No holds barred from me but let me know if there’s anything in particular you’d like me to say ? No swearing please

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Im screwed then as even 9g of porridge oats spike my bloods.
Im also learning about "Carb Sensitivity"
However if u follow health and fitness people u will find weights,a little HIIT trainning,low carb,high protien works.
And when u have people still trainning in there 60s,70s and even 80s u know there is something positive happening regardless what studies,and doctors,and scientists etc.
I can remember when they use to say "eat at least 8 slices of bread aday" holy ****....i would b dead!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With all the reports coming out about glyphosate residues in cereal crops and products made from them, I'm even more glad that I no longer eat them :)

Reactions: Ponchu and Robbity
M

Moggely

High carb diets can shorten your life as well. I kow what i will choose. Agree with Indy51 I wouldn't eat them either.

Reactions: zand

Ponchu

With all the reports coming out about glyphosate residues in cereal crops and products made from them, I'm even more glad that I no longer eat them :)

In the 60’s and 70’s, Obesity was low and daily bread the norm.

Grains didn’t suddenly become scientifically known to be bad.

I consider the impact of sugars under 60 different names, added to everything impacting our bodies’ abilities...

And consider “enriching”, GMA, and Glyphosate

and it’s all too much to wrap my head around.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the 60’s and 70’s, Obesity was low and daily bread the norm.

Grains didn’t suddenly become scientifically known to be bad.

I consider the impact of sugars under 60 different names, added to everything impacting our bodies’ abilities...

And consider “enriching”, GMA, and Glyphosate

and it’s all too much to wrap my head around.

The method of mass production of bread changed though .. seed oils became recommended rather than animal fats and our way of eating underwent significant changes.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...es/the-shocking-truth-about-bread-413156.html

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Oh the great unknown....

One for the breadaholics. The cheaper it is the less flour there is in it.

Bread is made with flour substitute called D. A. T. A.

Or DiAcetylTartaricAcid ester. Take a lot of glycerol. React it with acetic anhydride and tartaric acid and hey presto. Flour, ish.

Cheap bread can be loaded with this stuff. Give away of when cheap is too cheap is really small air holes and a subtle vinigar waft briefly from the toaster before it's done.

Even bakers flour is not completely free of it as it bakes better, stops the big air holes.

Bread from a proper Baker is your best bet.

Factory I worked in sent this stuff out 24/7 at around 100 tonnes a DAY.

Edit. E472e for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bread from a proper Baker is your best bet.

The Chorleywood process... As @bulkbiker's link shows, one of the biggest changes in bread-making ever seen, and not a good one.

There is a small baker near me who has been baking bread to the same family recipe for 150 years and which uses only four ingredients. The bread is wonderful and I can tolerate a slice of it now and again. It's not cheap but is a galaxy away in quality from the plastic stuff.