Tresiba

Bridie9408

Hi I'm type 1diabetic and my diabetic clinic has suggested changing to 4 injections a day. Just wanted to know anyone out there on long acting Tresiba. If so do you have side effects and how do you find the Tresiba.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Bridie9408 Tresiba was the best basal I tried (now on a pump) i'd tried lantus and levemir and found Tresiba to be the most stable, lasts approx 36 hours, very stable and flat profile, no side effects.

Reactions: Bridie9408

Bic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Bridie9408, I can tell the same as Juicyj, adding that when I used Lantus I had a lot of problems with fatigue, extremely low moods and whatnot. Besides, Lantus didn't really last as it was supposed to do.

Tresiba is definitely the best long-acting I've ever tried (I was dxd back in 1985, so I've tried several since then). It hasn't spared me any of my 4 daily shots, however. My HP and I had guessed I could have avoided my morning shot if Tresiba had worked at its best, but well… it hasn't, so far. However I definitely need less insulin, so: I'm still on 4 injections, but much smaller doses.
Anyway, as you will know, everybody is different, so Tresiba could work still better with you than it does with me.
Best wishes and see you around on the forum.

Reactions: Bridie9408