Accuchek mobile/mySugr/wireless adapter

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well colour me surprised - my free adapter arrived yesterday! Got it paired and set up on Samsung S8+ no problem. Only issue is that when it updated all entries and verified them, it wiped my ketone log entries!

Not to worry, I'll be able to manually entter them, I'm quite used to that anyway.
Great news you got one. Do you me ketone entries on mySugr from another meter? I’m not aware of being able to do ketones on the mobile

Reactions: jpscloud

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great news you got one. Do you me ketone entries on mySugr from another meter? I’m not aware of being able to do ketones on the mobile

Yes, I'm using the on-call ketone meter - I did consider a dual monitor (the on call is dual actually) but prefer the accuchek mobile for testing BG when I'm out and about, without strips to dispose of.

I just test ketones 3x a day, and will move to 2x soon, maybe 1x if I continue to get good steady readings and don't change my diet. Unfortunately there wasn't a dual meter like the accucheck mobile!

MySugr doesn't like my ketone readings, it seems to think I'm type 1 (although setup for type 2) and panics if I get more than 0.6. Still useful for a record though.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone found out how long we get mysugr pro for free for with this adaptor?

Reactions: jpscloud

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
Anyone found out how long we get mysugr pro for free for with this adaptor?

Apparently mysugr was acquired by Roche in mid 2017 so maybe it is a perpetual perk for users of Accu-Chek meters?

When I click on the "Extend Pro Days" button in the app it doesn't give me any option to do just that so fingers crossed. I've found incredibly useful in the time I have had it so far. It has allowed me to spot some interesting trends and better adjust my basal insulin. The reduction in wild swings has been dramatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: slikwipman

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
While having a support conversation on another subject, I asked the question and was told the free Pro was for 1 year from first sync.

Not sure I believe it though.

Reactions: slikwipman