UTI and RH!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Been in hospital with an infection.
It was a painful experience in so many ways!

It was a really good thing that I knew that my condition could add complications, as it could have been a different assessment of my vital signs. The four or five doctors I seen were asking for information about my Hypoglycaemia.

Especially knowing fasting, because only having water for many many, hours between tests and scans and assessment, would not be conducive to some Hypoglycaemic conditions. I wasn't fed, just watered for nearly forty eight hours! Have gone through the 80 kilos barrier for the first time in a long, long time!

The only thing I couldn't understand was that despite the infection, my blood glucose levels, never went over 5mmols the five times I was tested in hospital! Usually with a cold, flu or not feeling well, usually takes my blood glucose levels above 6mmols!

On anti biotic tablets, already feeling better.

Would not like, to go to hospital, without being aware of how they treat your Hypoglycaemia!

Another experience that the battle really never ends!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you are home, and hope you feel better soon!

I get what you mean about being in hospital and needing to know how to prevent the hypos there.
Fasting is much better than eating, in certain circumstances, isn’t it?

Must admit that this is one of the reasons I started wearing a medic alert bracelet. I really don’t ever want to be hooked up to a glucose drip.
https://www.news-medical.net/drugs/Glucose-Intravenous-Infusion.aspx

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Glad you are home, and hope you feel better soon!

I get what you mean about being in hospital and needing to know how to prevent the hypos there.
Fasting is much better than eating, in certain circumstances, isn’t it?

Must admit that this is one of the reasons I started wearing a medic alert bracelet. I really don’t ever want to be hooked up to a glucose drip.
https://www.news-medical.net/drugs/Glucose-Intravenous-Infusion.aspx

Thanks Brun!
Yeah, I'm okay now!
Got more tests and scans next week.
I didn't really get an option about eating, for the first day because I was only permitted water. If tests showed more than they did, I believe I would still be in there! Went to restaurant second day as food on ward was not my idea of healthy for me, it looked and smelled awful.
Was wearing my medical necklace, just in case!

Atlantico

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

It was a really good thing that I knew that my condition could add complications, as it could have been a different assessment of my vital signs. The four or five doctors I seen were asking for information about my Hypoglycaemia.

Especially knowing fasting, because only having water for many many, hours between tests and scans and assessment, would not be conducive to some Hypoglycaemic conditions. I wasn't fed, just watered for nearly forty eight hours! Have gone through the 80 kilos barrier for the first time in a long, long time!

The only thing I couldn't understand was that despite the infection, my blood glucose levels, never went over 5mmols the five times I was tested in hospital! Usually with a cold, flu or not feeling well, usually takes my blood glucose levels above 6mmols!

Would not like, to go to hospital, without being aware of how they treat your Hypoglycaemia!

Hello Lamont, so sorry to hear you have been in hospital, hopefully you will be back to normal very quickly. Kind regards and a virtual hug.
Atlantico

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

Hi @Lamont D , I wonder whether all the fluids 'watered down' your blood enough to lead to BSLs not appearing to be raised as much ? Best Wishes for the speedy recovery !!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Lamont D , I wonder whether all the fluids 'watered down' your blood enough to lead to BSLs not appearing to be raised as much ? Best Wishes for the speedy recovery !!

Not to sure to be honest, I never drink enough water to please most doctors!
Even my colleagues keep telling me to drink more and less tea. But can't resist the taste after a meal, as it is, I only have the two options these days, or the odd can of diet cola!

A bit better today, my energy levels haven't been the same, since it started. Hopefully the tests this week will be good!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I hope your improvement is quick and that all results came back with relatively easy, non-threatening answers !!
Best Wishes:):):)