What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see the words and could even pronounce them but beyond that I just cloud over but thanks

I have no idea how to pronounce paracetamol. Acetaminophen which is the same thing I can pronounce but have trouble spelling; I seem to be able to spell paracetamol but don't know how to pronounce it. Para (as in chute) - SEE-ta-moll? Para-SETT-a-moll? Para-SEAT-a-mole?

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, I hope you're OK!

I've been wanting a pizza all week.
Thank you. I was cleaning the ice off my car and didn't realize how slippery the driveway was. Took a step and boom. Landed on my left side. Arm and leg hurt, but I'll heal. :)

And I didn't fall, I was "demonstrating gravity." :hilarious:

What do you do when you're craving pizza? Order one or make a keto one?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmhh...just wonder, if any ones seen Dennis quaid, around the neighbourhood. o_O

I'm watching this tonight. Just a few minutes ago I went out into the hallway on my floor to dump the garbage down the chute. As usual, the hallway was deserted; this time it really creeped me out! :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I was cleaning the ice off my car and didn't realize how slippery the driveway was. Took a step and boom. Landed on my left side. Arm and leg hurt, but I'll heal. :)

And I didn't fall, I was "demonstrating gravity." :hilarious:

What do you do when you're craving pizza? Order one or make a keto one?

Today I walked to the grocery store and bought a frozen Freschetta one with Canadian bacon and pineapple. And self-rising crust. :(

But oh, it is so yummy.

I was leading Prince out of the barn one day. One minute we were walking out, the next thing I knew I was lying on my side halfway under him (still holding onto the lead rope). I got up and walked away from it but I was really sore for awhile afterwards. I didn't slip; he spooked and pulled me off my feet.

I hope you won't be sore long.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning..up at 05:30 sipping my coffee gently thinking I'd love to go back to bed...I can't...have a task today...my lovely neighbour (and friend) needs help collecting her daughters 'birthday' bike this morning which won't fit in her car...mine is a soft top so we can lower the roof to get it in...hope we can get it back up with the bike in it... otherwise it's a twenty minute drive back freezing our socks off...fingers crossed the rain holds off...woke to a 5.7

Last edited:
M

Member496333

4.7mmol/L for me this morning. Pretty standard these days but you godda keep an eye on the ball or risk dropping it. Complacency is not an option :cool:

Min/max range on the few occasions I have tested this week has been 4.4-5.1. Feeling confident about my fasting insulin test on Monday :nurse:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is how I think of them -- NSAIDS reduce inflammation that causes pain; paracetamol block/buffers pain signals from getting to the brain. That's probably wildly inaccurate but it works for me. :)
Thanks. I absolutely know what NSAIDs do - use way more than my fair share of Naproxen from time to time

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me enjoy your weekend everyone nice little lie in for me this morning
FB_IMG_1547850787761.jpg