High bG levels, Libreview Mobile...

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am getting more high glucose levels, I only started using the Libre in January. Is my body still trying to get used to wearing it.
Also, how do I use my phone for libreview. Galaxy S8. My laptop isn’t working at the moment.... ☹️☹️

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's worth comparing the levels against conventional finger pricks. Libre can run a bit out of whack sometimes, and you have to compensate for it.

If you use other software, eg xdrip or spike, that can be calibrated to take care of this.

If it turns out the readings are accurate, the high glucose levels won't be the libre, they'll be the normal T1D thing, it's just the Libre telling you what's going on.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's worth comparing the levels against conventional finger pricks. Libre can run a bit out of whack sometimes, and you have to compensate for it.

If you use other software, eg xdrip or spike, that can be calibrated to take care of this.

If it turns out the readings are accurate, the high glucose levels won't be the libre, they'll be the normal T1D thing, it's just the Libre telling you what's going on.

But what about Libreview?

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That one I can't answer, never having used it. I had a phone with NFC for about a month, and I work in IT so I've always got a laptop. I downloaded my details to the computer a couple of times, but the reader gives me what I'm after these days, which is the graph of the day (=what do I need to do right now) and averages over weeks (=how have I been doing over time). I don't go in for complicated analysis.

D

Deleted Account

Is LibreView the same as LibreLink?
LibreLink is the official Android app for the Libre.
The only reason I use it is to start my sensor.
The readings seem to be a bit of fiction.
I think the reason for this is the Libre sensors are “factory calibrated” and my arm is not “factory calibrated” so I need something which calibrated with my arm. Therefore, I use Glimp which I calibrate against finger prick readings ... from my fingers.

It was hammered into my head by my diabetes nurse that Libre (and any CGM) is nowhere near as accurate as finger pricks. Therefore, I should not dose from Libre. The great value from Libre comes from the graphs which show trends that have allowed me to tweak my insulin doses and timings.

I second the comments above to compare your Libre readings (from the reader, LibreLink, Libre View or any other sensor reading app) with finger pricks to find out whether your BG is running higher or whether the Libre sensor is reporting higher. And to compare this at different times and levels. Generally, Libre tends to be more accurate in the 4 to 8 range and pressure on th sensor (e.g. lying on it when in bed) is likely to affect the sensor readings.