Wow how am not already fully diabetic!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't like what a jacket potatoe did to my levels either, so if I do eat the low carb ones I use Carissma ones here. Just not a fan of wheat products like bread or pasta. And I found it didn't work so well for me when reheating and cooling pasta, but I try it just to see. @Listlad
I was ok with most foods in moderation and I was pleased about the jacket - it’s Scampi that causes me issues. I normally have courgetti but didn’t have any courgettes but had had reheated pasta before and knew it wasn’t too bad for me.

Reactions: Tophat1900

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I was ok with most foods in moderation and I was pleased about the jacket - it’s Scampi that causes me issues. I normally have courgetti but didn’t have any courgettes but had had reheated pasta before and knew it wasn’t too bad for me.

Gotcha!

I didn't like the effect of pasta, never really ever liked it at all. The potatoes I could easily manage.

Reactions: Daphne917

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Mr Pot,
I didn't even think to look at the calories as the carbs were bad enough but just work it out at just under 3000 cals - I am now eating 1000. My limit is 1300. When you look back it really makes you think....but at the time I was just always planning my next meal as I was always hungry. I now understand this is down to those evil carbs..
Well done on achieving this life affirming awareness
I am stunned at how my previously out of control appetite is now tame and under control.
Insulin as life enhancing as it is, has a lot to answer for.:(
Achieving and staying at a healthy weight (which was a life long struggle)is no longer an issue.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
[ My nemesis though is still Scampi as that puts me up to 9.5 ]
HI Daphne, Most scampi is more than half breadcrumb coating, not surprised it spikes you.
Scampi and chips with peas. My go to from the freezer dinner. Really miss that.