What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which one?

OOH..HOW DROLL...

Lets me get excited.. THERE's a CHOICE....:D

then next posts says " Recovering...:singing:.."..< mutter, mutter, mutter..kicks can down street >

:rolleyes:

;)...good to hear, enjoy the 'fat' of the land :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm refraining from posting any observation on that particular man-thread sub-thread ... :D

@Chronicle_Cat thanks for posting about back bacon. I'd never heard of peameal bacon before. Maybe the expression "Canadian bacon" is about as "accurate" as "English muffins"? :) On another BB we used to discuss poutine sometimes ...

Reactions: HarryBeau

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 3.9 again this morning. Carnivore month has done amazing things for my BG. And we’re over hump day and the weekend is in sight. Have a good day all.

@CherryAA very interesting - have followed some of your Twitter updates re fasting. A month of carnivore has moved my BG down a few notches - almost comparable to shorter fasts.

Great job @Goonergal.

Wearing a monitor these differences are just remarkable. I had the misfortune to be going on a house party weekend, all lovely events and great people but which included one children's christening and a vegan's 18th . Both the hosts had spent hour upon hour creating the most amazing looking cakes and curries. . My soul wanted to stand up, make a speech and sweep the entire lot for both functions into the dustbin before the great poisoning commenced . I ended up sitting next to people where within 30 seconds the convo had turned to my medication of diabetes etc. etc. Kids galore all rushing round like demented banshees.

I decided I just didn't have the stamina to get involved in a mass struggle so I had a cake at one, a vegan curry at the other.
One week later I can STILL see it on my monitor and my heart goes out to all the people at both do'es . it is SO frustrating, epecially when a chap you can see is killing himself with his pot belly and insulin tells you he's being good this weekend so drinking lemonade instead of the beer!

I did spend one evening with an old freind of my dad's a guy who suffers from COPD and has to use oxgen cylinders to move. He's 82. He had wanted to get a takeaway chinese. I cooked him a savoury omelette instead and explained to him that if he got rid of the seed oils and the carbs, he might find he can breathe better. He called me today two weeks later to say " yup its working "..... 20 years with an oxygen cylinder and god knows how many professionals, one evening spent with an accountant ! - he is not off to his local support group to try to spread the word.

How did it all get so distorted ? it makes me so ANGRY !

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you been leaning on it dunelm sometimes that gives low reading what did fingerprick say if it continues to give low readings and fingerprick says different get in touch with abbott and they will replace sensor
Thanks @karen8967, it has been dropping all day and was low yesterday on and off. Now up to 5 after scoffing copious fatty substances and a curry.
What a nuisance.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wearing a monitor these differences are just remarkable. I had the misfortune to be going on a house party weekend, all lovely events and great people but which included one children's christening and a vegan's 18th . Both the hosts had spent hour upon hour creating the most amazing looking cakes and curries. . My soul wanted to stand up, make a speech and sweep the entire lot for both functions into the dustbin before the great poisoning commenced . I ended up sitting next to people where within 30 seconds the convo had turned to my medication of diabetes etc. etc. Kids galore all rushing round like demented banshees.

This did make me laugh, but it’s not really funny at all. Well done with your COPD friend.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and doing Carnivour also.

Similar results for me - also had a 2.9 (an immediate re test on another finger showed 3.2, so confident not a rogue reading) and increasing readings in the low 3s during the day. Are you enjoying carnivore?

Edited to correct typo.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Similar results for me - also had a 2.9 (an immediate re test on another finger showed 3.2, so confident not a rogue reading) and increasing readings in the low 3s during the day. Are you enjoying carnivore?

Edited to correct typo.
It’s interesting. Have to think about menus a bit more but not hungry very much. I’m eating a bit of my home made dark chocolate each day also.
I’m thinking Steaks tomorrow but need something to go with them.