little lumps

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi all,

I've got two little lumps on my leg, right next to eachother, about half the size of a pea?

I thought it could be an ingrowing hair due to shaving legs, but after a week it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and it's quite itchy.

Its red and a bit swollen, but i don't think it's a bite as it's not painful when i scratch it. (can't help but itch itch itch)

Just wondering if anyone would have any ideas?

I really don't like going to the doctors without reason as i sort of feel like it's a waste of time, Sounds silly i know.

spanks :)

anniep

If it were me I would probably try a little antihistamine cream, something like savlon or tcp and if it stops itching, it's a bite or allergy of some sort.

Other wise if it carries on or gets worse do you have walk in centre or a local pharmacy which will give advice?

ebony321

Dislikes
anniep said:
If it were me I would probably try a little antihistamine cream, something like savlon or tcp and if it stops itching, it's a bite or allergy of some sort.

Other wise if it carries on or gets worse do you have walk in centre or a local pharmacy which will give advice?

Thanks,

It's just a bit odd because i've never had anything like it. I'll try some cream see if it goes away.

I believe there is a walk-in somewhere near me but i'm not too sure where.

I don't have any allergies and because it's small i don't think it's an irritation either. It's on a part of my leg that i can't twist enough to get a close look at it :lol: i may be young but i'm certainly not flexible haha!

anniep

A lot of chemists will give advice on minor ailments. They do sound like when I had some bites, but do keep an eye on them even if they are bites.

ClaireG 06

It does sound a bit like a bite to me to. Trying the chemist is a good idea, mine are very good with minor niggles.

ebony321

Dislikes
anniep said:
A lot of chemists will give advice on minor ailments. They do sound like when I had some bites, but do keep an eye on them even if they are bites.

I'm sure theres a poster advertising a scheme for minor ailments. I live in a small village though and only have a DR's with a dispensary, but i work in the nearby town so i'll find out there where to go if they don't go away soon or get any worse.

thaaaanks :)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I got a few raised reddish lumps on my leg when I was walking the dog through fields, so almost certainly bites for me. Have you been through long grass lately? I put hydrocortisone cream on and they soon went. As there are only 2 spots close together I wouldn't think it's anything bad as infection/allergy etc would surely affect a bigger area wouldn't it?

ebony321

Dislikes
Gappy said:
I got a few raised reddish lumps on my leg when I was walking the dog through fields, so almost certainly bites for me. Have you been through long grass lately? I put hydrocortisone cream on and they soon went. As there are only 2 spots close together I wouldn't think it's anything bad as infection/allergy etc would surely affect a bigger area wouldn't it?

That's a good point! i took two of my dogs for a walk around a local resevoir last week and i wore shorts!

I think my mum has some of that cream so ill try some thanks!

Thats why i though it puzzling as it's only two and theyre very close together.

The mind boggled.

Just a bit concerned as it's near the feet so didn't want to ignore it!
thanksGappy!