What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. It's been a busy week at work and have been catching up on 15 pages of posts this morning.

Wonderful to see that most of you suffering from the cold seem to be on the mend. Also, it seems that some records with respect to fbgs have been set this week. Congrats.

Fbgs reading for me last week were 4.9, 5.0, 5.3, 4.7, 4.9, 4.8 and 5.0.

Enjoy what remains of the weekend everyone.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. It's been a busy week at work and have been catching up on 15 pages of posts this morning.

Wonderful to see that most of you suffering from the cold seem to be on the mend. Also, it seems that some records with respect to fbgs have been set this week. Congrats.

Fbgs reading for me last week were 4.9, 5.0, 5.3, 4.7, 4.9, 4.8 and 5.0.

Enjoy the remains of the weekend everyone.
Nice steady readings. Kick back and chill after a busy week

Reactions: ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
saw a review of it on youtube..though this is a tin top and not the ragtop....

and about 30 years ago jjaark...fortunately they've upgraded since then;)...just edited this it must be much longer than thirty years ago since Noel Edmunds was just a baby back then.;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"It's for the greater good although either of those two winning EPL far better than the bin dippers and definitely over the Woolwich Nomads"

As a life long "bin dipper" all I can say is poo bah. :p

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice steady readings. Kick back and chill after a busy week

Thanks, @ianpspurs -- I am putting this down to an hour of exercise per day, though that doesn't necessarily make an already busy day any less long. Will try to get some work done today, so next week will be less packed.

How are you doing these days?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. A resplendent 5.2 this morning. Hba1c coming up in March so I’m on it !! Big smile
Sounds a perfect plan Goacher..right on track....mine was scheduled for April but since new blood pressure medication requires a blood test to check liver function my GP has said we should do the HbA1cat the same time too...not happy about that...it will take into account Christmas & my birthday celebrations...not looking forward to the results TBH.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @ianpspurs -- I am putting this down to an hour of exercise per day, though that doesn't necessarily make an already busy day any less long. Will try to get some work done today, so next week will be less packed.

How are you doing these days?
Hope the work doesn't eat into relaxation too much. Me? Just totally confused by modern life and what is on the list of approved forum foods from day to day I seem to be in detention most days

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the idea of meat, cheese and in a cheat? Eggs is fine in theory. Practically I can see some issues. Julie and I have widely different tastes in meat, cheese and importantly what counts as cooked. I go for as close to still walking about as possible. Already caused lively debate today with short ribs. (There, you got me to reply)

Ian feel free to ignore anything I say. I have zero issues with that. All I was attempting to do was pass comment on your sourcing difficulty post.

The almost a week I was carnivore, I was on my own, which I wholly accept made it simpler, with absolutely only myself to please.

Reactions: jjraak

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 again for me this morning.

I wish winter was gone from here. I had to buy another bag of salt to de ice the proch stairs, walkway and driveway. @neithskye I hope you are feeling better, falls onto ice are awful. I was out your way yesterday (Misssissauga, Brampton), I live in Scarborough and was stuck behind a salting truck most of the way in heavy traffic on the highway coming home.
Stuck on the 401 in traffic behind a salter? That must have been fun. No doubt it took a long time to get home.

Thank you for the kind words. My upper left thigh and arm are very sore but it could've been a lot worse. This ice is tricky - it partially thaws during the day but then re-freezes during the night, especially where it builds up, like between shopping mall parking spaces.

*waves from Mississauga*

Reactions: HarryBeau

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3. Stupidly proud of my body as I had a take-out pizza on Thursday and my BG never went higher than 7.4. I probably had 200 carbs in one sitting. Back to LCHF and had an extra gym (recumbent bike) workout on Friday.

Even though the pizza was delicious it felt "empty". I don’t know how to explain it.

Happy Sunday!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7! Right that proves it beyond doubt. The medicinal qualities of a drop of scotch to cure a cold. I refrained from the hot water, lemon and (obvs) the honey. Just the amber liquor in its purest form.
Next time I get cold I may try Bourbon.

An exciting day awaits. Off to Manchester for the Chinese New Year parade, then off to the Etihad with my eldest (he’s a City fan) - the visitors today are Chelsea. Big game.

Have fun. I think I will watch that one after breakfast (I don't usually watch Chelsea so will cheer for City).

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the kind words. My upper left thigh and arm are very sore but it could've been a lot worse. This ice is tricky - it partially thaws during the day but then re-freezes during the night, especially where it builds up, like between shopping mall parking spaces.
*waves from Mississauga*

I hope it starts feeling better soon. I'm headed out your direction this morning. My mom lives in a long term care home in Brampton (Alzheimer's) and my dad is in Mississauga, a short distance away. They are only living separately because of her Alzheimer's so my sister and I take him to visit her and often visit her ourselves. I was a west ender until a couple of years ago, born in Oakville (no hospitals at all in Mississauga), lived in Mississauga till I was 6, it was mostly rural (called "Toronto township", Mississauga was created in 1968) then moved to Etobicoke and grew up there.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(I don't usually watch Chelsea

so will cheer for City.

@SaskiaKC .:wideyed:.

i though we might be friends at some point,

well THAT ain't happening NOW....
snooty.gif

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. Sorry to whinge but I am so fed up. My sinuses are blocked and head feels like a block of wood. Cant taste anything. Tried a pickle from a jar yesterday, crunch but couldnt taste the vinegar though could feel it grating on my teeth. Last night no appetite for dinner tried a square of 90% so smooth, comforting. Ate or sucked the whole bar. This morning 7.5 and whose fault is that I wonder.
Have a good rest of Sunday. I’m off for a nap.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All. Sorry to whinge but I am so fed up. My sinuses are blocked and head feels like a block of wood. Cant taste anything.
Last night no appetite for dinner tried a square of 90% so smooth, comforting.
Ate or sucked the whole bar. This morning 7.5 and whose fault is that I wonder.
Have a good rest of Sunday. I’m off for a nap.

whinge away @PenguinMum ..i believe its great medicine when your feeling poorly.

sort of like those 'Magic Eyes'..lets the sickness and bad spirits leave our bodies....( probably. )
but i still think its medicinal..:)

Ginger tea..(my go to for all head/chest blockages issues)
though can lower your appetite, i believe.

GINGER & TURMERIC

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congrats.:D

Congrats.:D:D
(book "MAN FLU" Type 2 flu..the most virulent strain..
How i beat it, using the WHY NO diet. " still available..while stocks last )

& Hope sons disappointed..;)

I’m told by a friend that he currently believes that his cold is so bad , it must be that he has male equine flu