Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
why wait..wrap up and go...:D

And @Lordy100
good to hear you enjoyed it.

good luck with the hearing tests...:happy:

only just recently realised the hearing can be so 'seriously' affected..;)

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently own a 2011 Honda NT700 V which is very comfy long distance,good storage for trips and it has just the right amount of torque when I need it...Wouldn't say no to a 2nd or even a 3rd bike though,perhaps a Triumph Tiger and for pure looks-A Thruxton R cafe racer or a Bobber even. :)

Reactions: Prem51

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Simon84

Nice.. Is that the one with the flappy paddle type of thing ?

I used to have an NTV 650 .. much loved by the dispatch/courier crowd for similar reasons.

Not sure what other bike I'd like.. many out there do catch my eye though.

May have to be rid of mine next year anyway, as it won't meet the ULEZ requirements for LONDON

So I best get my thinking cap on. Mmmh

Nice to meet ya :D

Reactions: Simon84

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice to meet you too mate! :) Standard 'Clutch 1 down 4 up' gear system on mine although I feel it could do with an overdrive/6th gear at times...I'm on some some of the Deauville FB pages and a forum and others have said the same about the whole ULEZ thing...Bureaucracy gone mad I reckon!! Will chat more hopefully I'm sure but a shower and the pub awaits lol

Reactions: jjraak

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Hi @Simon84

Nice.. Is that the one with the flappy paddle type of thing ?

I used to have an NTV 650 .. much loved by the dispatch/courier crowd for similar reasons.

Not sure what other bike I'd like.. many out there do catch my eye though.

May have to be rid of mine next year anyway, as it won't meet the ULEZ requirements for LONDON

So I best get my thinking cap on. Mmmh

Nice to meet ya :D

Old school. Go on. Leave the modern rubbish to the ipad generation.

My TDR250 don't hurt my back. Scares me to death if I let it, cooler than an eskimo's nuts and the emmisions rules can go hang.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Old school. Go on. Leave the modern rubbish to the ipad generation.

My TDR250 don't hurt my back. Scares me to death if I let it, cooler than an eskimo's nuts and the emmisions rules can go hang.

Guess you don't live in my beautiful, fully CCTV'd CITY (when and where they can make easy money) ..:watching:

Might be asking opinions later this year/early next
I have simple needs..
My current bike and previous..had.

great track record for low maintenance / mechanical issues./ no major weak spots costing fortunes

reasonably easy to work on.
the NTV offered great distance riding at a decent cost, and was fun in a slow way.
but the 900 offers .."WHOOOSSH " enough to make you remember
to HOLD ON TIGHTER, next time...:wideyed::eek::woot:

(yep, made that mistake, along with many owners in the early days of ownership..
eek.gif
)

Both came at a reasonable purchase price, both offered me great service.

SO Lots of OOMPH, easy to maintain, and reasonable running costs,,must be loads out there..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Don't need fly by wire, or any new fangled Devices added to HELP me ride, etc...
especially if it means the bikes back in the shop every month because i CAN'T fix it,
cos "that is just how they make them now, Sir"..:banghead:...... ££££..:rolleyes:

So my search begins next year..
though most likely look to just get another of the same make, if the prices stop rising so quickly.:***:
...only ULEZ compliant.

can't say i've ever been disappointed by it or it's performance, a few little tweaks and she's way fast enough for me..
(far beyond my abilities, so she gets my full respect.....:D)
MCN

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An electric motorbike could be the answer to ULEZ regs. Zero bikes are sold in UK, and Harley Davidson has brought out an electric model, though only in US atm. Triumph are considering bringing out an electric model too.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 07.59.54.png

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An electric motorbike could be the answer to ULEZ regs. Zero bikes are sold in UK, and Harley Davidson has brought out an electric model, though only in US atm. Triumph are considering bringing out an electric model too.

View attachment 31238

nice idea @Prem51 ..and once the infrastructure is ready... i'm on it

we currently have too few electric charging points, the bikes are MAD expensive, and how long before you need new batteries
(prius cars need new batteries after a while and that will affect 2nd hand prices badly especially early ones so i'd rather wait until it's more proven, more catered for and cheaper..if i'm honest.)
besides, who doesn't love the smell and roar of a real engine..:D

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
True, a quiet Harley wouldn't have the same attraction.
I think a quiet bike would be less safe as pedestrians and other road users wouldn't be able to hear you approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers for that @Prem51
Interesting listen
True about the perceived image, for many

And I love the individuality and freedom, of biking....that BEING a PART of the environment of the journey, rather then cocooned in a tin box, cosseted from reality .

See fewer women bikers, it's true, though have ridden with some, and much as I am happy to admire the ladies when off the machine, we've been mates who liked the same thing (bikes) while chatting,

but on the bike..there is no difference. Some riders are better then others..male, female, black or white.

Cheers for link . Enjoyed.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
True, a quiet Harley wouldn't have the same attraction.
I think a quiet bike would be less safe as pedestrians and other road users wouldn't be able to hear you approach.

On that, I believe they ADD sounds for exactly that reason, so I guess any bike can sound like some big old Harley..lol

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
On that, I believe they ADD sounds for exactly that reason, so I guess any bike can sound like some big old Harley..lol
Nothing else sounds quite like a Harley!