Type 2 and yeast

Hendie

Hi all, i was just wondering if someone who was type 2 and having quite alot of yeast infectioins could share some of their experiences.

After how long of controlling your blood sugar (diet only, metformin, or injections?) was it before your yeast infections started to go away. Did you also take anti fungals and pro bitoics or was lowering your blood sugar enough to clear them up ?

Thanks

mammacaz

Hi,

Know the feeling, bringing your levels under control will stop the flare ups but in the mean time I would suggest one of the all in one treatments (pill and cream).

I also find that I can control my levels and the obvious itch by not eating bread or come to that anything with yeast in it, marmite etc.,

I know that this works for me, some more experienced T2's will probably have some more advice.

Hope this helps
Caz x

Hendie

thanks mammacaz for the reply how long have you been on metformin ? Did you find the medication helps your yeast or is mainly by your diet ?

I currently have alot of yeast problems so have been on a yeast/sugar free and low carb diet for about 3 years now but its only recently that i realised high blood sugar could be causing my yeast infections to not go away.

Im awaiting my hba1c and fasting glucose results any day soon, so in the meantime anyones experience with blood sugars and yeast are much welcome

Thanks

mammacaz

Hi, I have been on Metformin since I was diagnosed, not a happy partnership as it causes gastric problems.

But as soon as I went back onto the Metformin after being off it for a while, the itch had kicked in so I took a combination pill and cream and now I am back on Metformin the problems have stopped.

Hope that helps a little...
Caz :)

pheobe

Hi Hendie
I used to suffer terribly with yeast infections but thankfully since keeping my blood sugar levels under control the infections have stopped, like Mammacaz I did use the duo combination of tablet and cream which did seem very effective.

raydavies

It's a poular misconception that Marmite contains yeast; it does not.

It contains yeast extract. If you Google the manufacturing process, you'll see there's no possibility of any live yeast cells surviving to the bottling stage. So go on and enjoy it!

Ray