What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday. A 5.4 for me this morning.
Mrs Miggins and I are of to London this morning. Breakfast on the train - always a mystery these days. Tonight is a charity do at the London Paladium of support of the Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals Charity. Mrs Miggins is looking forward to seeing Helen Atkinson-Wood who played Mrs Miggins in Black Adder.
Have a great day if you can, pack a bag and plan a trip if you can’t.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all on a mild cloudy morning in the Northeast of England, a 4.9 (again) greeted me before I took the dogs for a drag.......I meant walk! They were as enthusiastic as I was.

take care everyone.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
1.7!

Checked again and got “LO” as my reading!

Eek...off to eat lots of fruit, shouldn’t be this low!

Reactions: dunelm and Freema

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Something amazing happened this morning.... woke up to 8.6 - the lowest FBG since my diagnosis! :joyful:

No idea how this happened as before dinner last night I tested and was 15, thought this was an error so tested again and was 16.....

I feel terribly sick and shaky - off to have breakfast.

Have a lovely day!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all who are living in " interesting times ".
A 5.4 awaited me on the meter this morning.

Well folks Wednesday is national bin day, that's every Wednesday, but other days are available if you don't like the colour of Wednesday.
It's into town for me's later to commit chaos and mayhem on the keyboard, my music teacher is a saint putting up with my playing, unlike Mrs J who takes no prisoners.
Have a good day folks whatever day you think it is.

Last edited:

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Might your meter need new batteries? If reading is that low I hope you correct it asap and quickly establish and rectify the cause. Till then a manly hug is best I can do.
Shouldn’t be. I’ve only had the monitor 6 weeks and there’s no battery warning light on.

I’m hitting the fruit hard. Thank you

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 7.0 for me, no idea why and feeling mightily cheesed off.
@karen8967 glad your bgs are back to normal after that horrible event.
@Patrick66 are you ok now?
@Goonergal your post made me laugh a lot - who else would be up organizing their jumpers at that time of the morning.
@shelley262 another busy day for you!
Sorry to hear about the higher than expected fbg. As for @Goonergal I now have a vision of her doing a Marie Kondo course, while obviously walking on the spot and eating Biltong to keep up the carni
https://konmari.com/pages/consultants

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

today we take mum's little dog for a trim so I'm glad it's a mild day here.

Mum is coming along too so we'll plan to make a bit of a trip of it by all having a potter around Dornoch first then we'll have lunch whilst Susie gets her 'beautification' at the groomers. After that mum can relax whilst mr. gee and I take Susie for a bracing walk, probably down to the sea then back round by the road across the golf course, weather depending ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

today we take mum's little dog for a trim so I'm glad it's a mild day here.

Mum is coming along too so we'll plan to make a bit of a trip of it by all having a potter around Dornoch first then we'll have lunch whilst Susie gets her 'beautification' at the groomers. After that mum can relax whilst mr. gee and I take Susie for a bracing walk, probably down to the sea then back round by the road across the golf course, weather depending ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)
Please tell me Suzie is the dog:angelic:

Reactions: HarryBeau