Lower carb diet and Fatty Liver Gone

jwd1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Adelle started this thread a long while back, and I haven't seen her posting on the forum lately.

You can look in her profile at her other posts, because I remember her mentioning what she ate (lots of salads, if I remember correctly, and possibly LCHF). But there are lots of other posters on the forum who have reduced or 'cured' a fatty liver with weight loss (fast or slow) often combined with low carbs.
I had an ultra sound scan a weeek ago and have been diagnosed with an enlarged fatty liver, non alcoholic, I have been on LCHF for nearly two years now HBA1C 44, BMI 20, so thought I was doing OK, had a pain in my back which turned out to be muscular, from throwing weights around but doctor prodded around and thought that my liver was enlarged, test proved that he was right. Have tried to search on this forum under fatty liver, but haven't found much on here other than this thread, can you point me in the direction of what to do about it please.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I had an ultra sound scan a weeek ago and have been diagnosed with an enlarged fatty liver, non alcoholic, I have been on LCHF for nearly two years now HBA1C 44, BMI 20, so thought I was doing OK, had a pain in my back which turned out to be muscular, from throwing weights around but doctor prodded around and thought that my liver was enlarged, test proved that he was right. Have tried to search on this forum under fatty liver, but haven't found much on here other than this thread, can you point me in the direction of what to do about it please.
Were your blood tests normal? What was your ALT? Tryglycerides? GGT? Are they going to do a liver biopsy?

Did you ask your doctor what needs to be done?

I think it's very unusual for someone with normal blood glucose and a BMI of 20 to get NAFLD.

jwd1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Were your blood tests normal? What was your ALT? Tryglycerides? GGT? Are they going to do a liver biopsy?

Did you ask your doctor what needs to be done?

I think it's very unusual for someone with normal blood glucose and a BMI of 20 to get NAFLD.
Thanks for your response, I have a phone app't with Dr this Friday am, only had the ultra sound test last week, bloods seem O.K. Trigs 1.44, HDL 2.1 LDL 2.6, not tested for ALT or GGT, have to see what he says on Friday, lady who did the test pointed out the light clour and said it was fatty and enlarged also a cist on liver too.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Thanks for your response, I have a phone app't with Dr this Friday am, only had the ultra sound test last week, bloods seem O.K. Trigs 1.44, HDL 2.1 LDL 2.6, not tested for ALT or GGT, have to see what he says on Friday, lady who did the test pointed out the light clour and said it was fatty and enlarged also a cist on liver too.
Hopefully they can figure out what's going on and how to treat it. It sounds like something different than metabolic syndrome related NAFLD.