One word to describe the moment before your first ever pin prick test

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hohum. I do my own allergy shots weekly, so one more needle matters very little. However, my fingers do cringe because as a flute player I need to preserve those fingertips. Hasn’t made a difference yet but it’s only been 5 months.
When we went to adopt our younger son, our 3 yr old careened into a fire hydrant face first while outside running around with his Granny. Big forehead gash, blood All Over Granny! She looked like an ax murderer when she later went into a convenience store for sandwiches! At ER, they would only allow one person in the treatment room. Mr ZF went, and since every time the kid screamed, blood would geyser out... the Mr wound up nearly passed out on the floor....kid is nearly 32 now, and the scar has again become visible due to receding hairline. Always good for a laugh.

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Horror.................my first 'pricking' was with a scalpel blade stabbed into my thumb in 1970 on the childrens ward. My mum couldn't believe how barbaric it was. Fortunately the pricking device came later.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Curiosity.

Only afterwards did I think it sucked.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Horror.................my first 'pricking' was with a scalpel blade stabbed into my thumb in 1970 on the childrens ward. My mum couldn't believe how barbaric it was. Fortunately the pricking device came later.

A scalpel, that must of been very scary for you and your mum :wideyed::arghh: thank goodness times have moved on :)