Janet.h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Most of us dislike something
I hope you are feeling better now.

A few things to consider
- 1.7 is a low reading. If you are used to higher readings, you are going to feel very shaky with a hypo this low. If you had no hypo symptoms, I would question the meter. You did the right thing to retest. Perhaps you could get some test solutions to test your meter later.
- if you are at risk of hypos you MUST carry fast acting carbs such as dextrose tablets, Lucozade or jelly babies and meter with you as ALL times.
- cupcakes are NOT fast acting as they (and chocolate) contain fat which slows down the carb consumption.
- if you go low, it is important to work out why so you can avoid a similar scenario again. It may be due to too much medication, too little carbs or exercise.

The MOST important thing now is treating your low.
Try telling the gap that you need to test, even when they give you meds that could cause a hypo. No test meter offered ( luckily my sisters have extra kit as their repeat prescriptions just keep topping them up when they don't ask- different county). My sister
Diagnosed about 5-6 years ago, I think.

Maximum dose of Metformin per day.
according to Drs, Metformin is not going to give you hypos, haha. I am on max+ and sometimes feel off. My friends are keyed up.

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Try telling the gap that you need to test, even when they give you meds that could cause a hypo. No test meter offered ( luckily my sisters have extra kit as their repeat prescriptions just keep topping them up when they don't ask- different county). My sister

according to Drs, Metformin is not going to give you hypos, haha. I am on max+ and sometimes feel off. My friends are keyed up.
No, I had my monitor as a Christmas present. Was never mentioned by GP or Nurse as to whether I should or shouldn’t. Lots of things I wasn’t told and. Think many of us can say the same.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s been two days.

I am fine.

This morning I was 5.1. And that’s after the shocking news that my stepson and daughter in law have been in a very serious car accident overnight.
Hope you, and they, will all be all right!

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
A cupcake it is then. Only thing available.

Cupcake eaten- first sugary thing in weeks. Now eating sausages...exciting stuff!
Seriously, make sure you always have dune wine gums or something similar in all your coat pockets, just in case. You are lucky to still be upright so please don't take chances, for your sake