Not losing weight. Why? Dehydration?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

No matter what I do I do not seem to lose any weight. I tend to start losing a few pounds but a few days later re-gain it.

Example of my regular diet:

Morning: 2 boiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken + Greek Yoghurt + Broccoli or bulgur and salmon
Snack: Apple or Frozen berries
Dinner: Pieces of Cold salmon + green salad or a can of red beans
Evening snack: Apple or Greek Yoghurt

I exercise for 1 hour every other day.

Now to my question, I drink 8 cups of tea per day and I do not drink much water. I suspect my body might be dehydrated and I need to cut the tea and drink more water to not gain weight? I drink around 3 glasses of water per day.

Any connection with dehydration and weight gain?

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not eating enough?
Could be that your body is hanging onto the fat because it feels its being slightly starved?
You don't seem to be eating very much?
I think that tea and coffee are just as hydrating as water (as they are 99% made of it) so drink when thirsty.

sarahdennis87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,

No matter what I do I do not seem to lose any weight. I tend to start losing a few pounds but a few days later re-gain it.

Example of my regular diet:

Morning: 2 boiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken + Greek Yoghurt + Broccoli or bulgur and salmon
Snack: Apple or Frozen berries
Dinner: Pieces of Cold salmon + green salad or a can of red beans
Evening snack: Apple or Greek Yoghurt

I exercise for 1 hour every other day.

Now to my question, I drink 8 cups of tea per day and I do not drink much water. I suspect my body might be dehydrated and I need to cut the tea and drink more water to not gain weight? I drink around 3 glasses of water per day.

Any connection with dehydration and weight gain?

It seems as thought you’re not eating a lot. It could be that your body is going into ‘starvation mode’ and basically holding on to all the fat that you have because of the little amount you’re eating. You need to have much more!! Instead of cutting down on your food, I’d maybe try to eat a balanced diet, 1600-2000 caps a day and then exercise on top. Even if it’s just walking to the shop or whatever. Your body is starving

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, It is a rollercoaster ride at the moment. I suspect I do far too many corrections of my blood sugar by eating apples + protein bars.

This diet I mentioned brings me to lows as well. And overcorrecting insulin.I use fast acting Novorapid.

And I inject 2 doses of Lantus. 20 in the morning and 20 in the evening. Maybe I should cut down the long-lasting insulin as well.

I heard more insulin means more weight gain. And treating lows with snacks makes me gain weight.

I consider low carb diet instead of cutting down on food like the diet i mentioned.