Cholesterol and Statins

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @bulkbiker for putting in the time and effort to help all of us. I have a very dear friend who has had cardiac episodes and was given statins along with other drugs. He changed both mentally and physically and went from being a lively, humorous, physically very active artist to an uncreative befuddled man who could not walk without pain. After several years on statins he has decided to stop taking them and is slowly returning to his normal self. Another friend, an ex-Professor of Music, found the side effects so horrendous that he stopped taking the statins within 2 weeks. He set out to walk for an hour each day, lost weight and is now a much fitter, more cheerful 80 year old. I know that these are anecdotal tales but I too will never be taking statins!
That happened to my dad , he had a heart attack when he was early sixty and was put on statins, the change was terrible he ended up crouched over couldn't remember much coudln't do anything he loved again, constant pain in his body especially his left side and he was told he had Parkinson's and then dementia , but he did not and never did shake , they said it was a sister type of Parkinson's. so onto the treatment and he got worse and worse, falling over hurting himself and the doctor took 9 tablets off him, one being the statin and metformin, he was put in a care home in the January and also he had his dementia tablet accidently stopped , that caused many problems but his mind was all there he got his memory back and started walking again , he knew everything he remembered everything he even passed the memory test , he then got sepsis because i believe the care home was dirty and within weeks he died , he was put on end of life and took 7 days to die and was a skeleton , I will never get over this I still cry and it breaks my heart to know what those statin drugs did to my most wonderful dad who was really scared of medications and scared of dying . I stayed with him nearly all day and tried to make him feel safe until he passed away during the night when my brother was with him . I hate statins with a vengence .

Reactions: Ponchu

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Kendrick was recently a guest with Vinnie Tortorich on the Fitnesses Confidential podcast. He wasn’t pulling any punches on statins.

Do you have a link, I love his no nonsense approach.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
She didn't pull any punches

Ponchu

That happened to my dad , he had a heart attack when he was early sixty and was put on statins, the change was terrible he ended up crouched over couldn't remember much coudln't do anything he loved again, constant pain in his body especially his left side and he was told he had Parkinson's and then dementia , but he did not and never did shake , they said it was a sister type of Parkinson's. so onto the treatment and he got worse and worse, falling over hurting himself and the doctor took 9 tablets off him, one being the statin and metformin, he was put in a care home in the January and also he had his dementia tablet accidently stopped , that caused many problems but his mind was all there he got his memory back and started walking again , he knew everything he remembered everything he even passed the memory test , he then got sepsis because i believe the care home was dirty and within weeks he died , he was put on end of life and took 7 days to die and was a skeleton , I will never get over this I still cry and it breaks my heart to know what those statin drugs did to my most wonderful dad who was really scared of medications and scared of dying . I stayed with him nearly all day and tried to make him feel safe until he passed away during the night when my brother was with him . I hate statins with a vengence .

This mirrors my dad’s experience at age 56

I was 13, watching him deteriorate. I was confused and scared.

At 56, they prescribed me statins.

I filled Rx

I’ve never taken them.

Reactions: Prem51

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Adding the first of Ivor Cummins new podcast interviews here. He's talking with Dr Scott Murray, cardiologist on Heart Attack Prevention:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Adding a recent short video by Ivor Cummins on "What's the Real Story with Cholesterol and Heart Disease?"

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I am so so sorry about what happened to your father. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.