Compatible phones for freestyle libre

squeezelouise400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any phone with the NFC software on it works. I use my phone all the time with the Freestyle Libre and it works well. This is good because I was prescribed the sensors only without the Freestyle......thingy...majig.....I forgot the name of it!!! Its the device that recieved the signals from the sensor.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From Abbott:

“The FreeStyle LibreLink app is compatible with NFC enabled phones running Android OS 5.0 or higher and with iPhone 7 and higher running OS 11 and higher.”

The Abbot website is way out of date and not very informative on compatibility. The most recent Samsung on the list is the s8.
I can report that my s5 works great, but that an s9 i bought had to be sent back for a refund. The nfc on the s9 only works with the libre sensor when battery is nearly full. Drop below around 60% battery and it can't be made to work. I've read that this varies between 55% and 70%. But the s9 i had was as good as useless for going out and about with the libre. I wish there was a place we could all vote yes or no for a range of phones to build up some reliable statistics.