Type 2 Concussion or diabetes

KTNIC

Briefly. Banged right side of head Sunday, left side yesterday both on a cupboard, ice, rest painkillers. Dozy sod.
T2 diagnosed 8 weeks ago no medication, not testing, don't shout! Getting the hang of food etc.lost a couple of pounds low carb. Got up today , physio bad back. Headache, shaky, got there ok. Came home, ditto, just needed to sleep. Did. Ate. More painkillers. Rest. Still tired ok if I just sit still. Fed up

annie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are these symptoms new since the head bang, and have you been to your doctor since it happened? We can't diagnose anything here, so it's best to get checked out by a GP if you're worried.

Congrats on your recent weight loss and low carbing efforts! :)

KTNIC

Are these symptoms new since the head bang, and have you been to your doctor since it happened? We can't diagnose anything here, so it's best to get checked out by a GP if you're worried.

Congrats on your recent weight loss and low carbing efforts! :)

Feel a lot better today. A yellow bruise now appearing!

Reactions: annie07 and Chook

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @KTNIC, Glad you seem to be recovering but (quietly) why not testing ??

KTNIC

Hi @KTNIC, Glad you seem to be recovering but (quietly) why not testing ??

Sent for kit, arriving tomorrow. To be honest didn't know anything about it and its relevance until coming on this forum! Nurses advice, eat less sugar, try and lose a bit of weight, look after your feet and get your eyes tested.all I've had from them since is an eye appointment!
Trying to get an appointment is like waiting for summer.

Can I ask in the meantime , about carbs without much of anything else? I'm dipping into the carbs and cals app and book. This morning I made a cooked breakfast, I'm usually a bowl of cereal , chuck in some fruit and yogurt and a strong coffee person! But everything I try that is low carb seems to bump the protein and everything else up, can't seems to get above between 50-89 carbs. Permanently snacking!! I could murder a chocolate fudge cake and a large glass of red!!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Er - good. It was 50 gm of crabs a day which brought my blood glucose readings down to normal.
I avoid grains, legumes, potatoes etc and eat low carb sticking to under 11 percent carbs except for small amounts of dark chocolate.
I drink coffee with cream. I have two meals a day and no snacks. meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese and a wide variety of salads and veges.

KTNIC

Er - good. It was 50 gm of crabs a day which brought my blood glucose readings down to normal.
I avoid grains, legumes, potatoes etc and eat low carb sticking to under 11 percent carbs except for small amounts of dark chocolate.
I drink coffee with cream. I have two meals a day and no snacks. meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese and a wide variety of salads and veges.

That's really good. There is so much written , eat this don't eat this etc. I've cut out all chocolate, used to eat loads, still drink semi skimmed milk, don't like cream. Eat meat, fish + oily fish, eggs, upping my cheese as I thought it was no 'allowed', perhaps 4 slices of seeds bread a week, veg, potatoes twice a week, fruit, yogurt, nuts. Cut out my beloved pasta, daily toast, garlic bread, cake, biscuits, ice cream etc. Miss my cereals in the morning, but persevering with the occasional non sweetens porridge. Walk at least a couple of miles a day, recovering from a back problem, drink lots of water, garden. Still get lightheaded feelings of hunger. I know I need to test. Watch this space when my monitor comes.
Thank you for your comment.

Reactions: Pinkorchid

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Miss my cereals in the morning, but persevering with the occasional non sweetens porridge.
Then you really should try this. May sound weird, but I promise you it's delicious! https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge . Add a little cinnamon or vanilla powder, if you like.
Edited to add what I really wanted to say, that if you're on blood thinners, don't know if you are, but just in case, you really should take a bang on the head very seriously and seek pro help.