What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still in hospital.
Not well enough to eat breakfast or lunch.
Mid afternoon: Greek yoghurt and black coffee
Dinner: cheese omelette and salad followed by Greek yoghurt, SF jelly and a couple of strawberries.
Sorry you are still in hospital and feeling :hungover: @Rachox. Hope they discharge you soon.

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Rachox

I hope you manage to escape the hospital soon. I can't tolerate morphine either (gives me nausea and hallucinations). Is the food okay for you? Last time I was in hospital Mr C had to bring me in food parcels. Big hug coming your way.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Gorgeous bright, sunny, uplifting day here today. Mr C is out in the garden swearing quietly as he's pruning back my roses (they are my favourite flower and I must have about thirty of them, so he's not happy).

Food...

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs, black decaff coffee

Lunch: chunk of cranberry Wensleydale

Dinner: Slow cooked lamb shanks, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, very small amounts of carrots and roast parsnips

Dessert: strawberries and cream

Glass or two of red wine

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox I hope today is better for you. Any chance of escaping to home yet?

Nice thinking,
But i always found from the multiple times with mum & dad, that friday night IS Lock Down Day.

No one ever seemed to be around to take responsibility for letting any one leave.
the amounts of times we had to bitterly wait until late on monday.

Hope i'm wrong for ya, @Rachox

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
signature....I have recently changed my identifier from 'reactive hypoglycaemic and T2' to 'Other' because, after 6 months of being strictly Gluten Free, I can tolerate more carbs than I used to - provided they are GF. As soon as I have gluten again, my blood glucose rises and my RH comes back.)

whoa..that's great news..sorry if it's old..but i just spotted it.

crazy the way we work, and the ways we heal..marvelous stuff.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love the sound of this, will be giving it a go sometime, cant promise today though.

so glad you and @zauberflote that looked ok..( shamelessly stole it from this post.)
LINK

loads of tips about 100% dark chocolate :***:

Might look to add some chili flakes and /or himalayan salt.

Liked the odd taste of chili chocolate,
and the dream is to make passable copies of reese's peanut butter chocolate bars....

all i need now is even MORE kitchen equipment...:wideyed::woot::rolleyes:.......:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While I'm on a roll.
Breakfast..
2 poachies, fried tomatoes, grated cheese ala las Vegas Emma..on a bed of lettuce..

(does sound posh, dunnit...lol )

break fast poachies.jpg

set-in-stone

infrequent visitor, but spotted @Rachox in hospital get well soon, hope the foot heals quickly for you.

Breakfast today,
2 poached eggs, one and a half ryvita..and some sun dried tomatoes

spotted chocolate recipe, so gave it a go.
Knob of butter, 2 dark chocolate squares,
spoon of peanut butter..M/W 30+ seconds.mixed in then poured over a baking tray of
nuts on grease proof paper...lovely

and had me full from 10am until 7pm

then had a naughty kfc at work.
2 pieces chicken..ate
and a few of the chips..say 8.
start i was 5.8 ...1 hr..7.8..2 hrs 6.7...looks like i got away with that one.
won't be a regular occurence, just plain fancied it and wanted to test it after.

really do feel more comfortable eating this way now.

missus bought me slim rice ( holland & barrett)..no carb rice.
also got low/no carb noodles in cupboard.

not used either yet, and i was gagging for rice and noodles when i first got DX.
how we adapt, hey.

wish you the best..loving all the food choices.

Your choc and nut recipe sounds simple enough. Will satisfy my cravings for both:wacky:
Yet another recipe from this site. Super! And thanks for sharing

set-in-stone

Weather makes such a difference to everything so I am a wholly nicer, kinder little boy today - I play much nicer in sunny weather. Hope everbod peeps here and abroad had soupy fish days.
Tea for breakfast - just the 5 pints. Lunch: 2 squares Green and Blacks Velvet mint dark chocolate (5.9 gms carb) - much more to my taste than plain 100%; 3 slices tongue and 2 or 3 rashers streaky bacon - sloppy really. Afternoon - cocoa with soy milk,almond milk and cream; Evening meal; 1 proper duck breast and 2 duck breast portions (1 was Julie's) - so much better than chicken and most red meat just not cheap; red little gem, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms fried in the duck fat; raspberry mousse from yesterday (SF jelly and cream); Only just finished evening meal so not sure how safe the new batch of smoked cheddar is.

I agree re 100% choc. Too painful for me:***:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just remade the choc dish.

pre-formed some foil,
lined with greaseproof paper.
added 2 squares of choc, knob of butter,
large tablespoon of earth peanut butter
a generous splash of salt and chili flakes

then cut into cut it into 12 squares.

needs just a tad more sweetening, double cream maybe ?
or a splash of some sugar sub..

choc block 2.jpg

Bonus.. missus just back from yoga..liked the chili and salt taste..(loves all chocolates)
She thinks we could sell in india to the Yoga crowd, as " Om Shanti" Chocolate bars...:D

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Quiet on here this Saturday evening - hope everyone has had a good day
Breakfast one high % pork sausage and egg
Lunch coffee with cream while out on a hike
Dinner chicken curry with cauliflower rice and a single gin with lots of soda water followed by lc lemon and lime mousse with yoghurt.
@Rachox hoping you’re keeping your spirits up on the ward and coping with the food situation get well soon x
@jjraak chocy looks good wonder how long it will last?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not quite spring like today - grey and uninviting. Hope you all had decent weather or decent days. That great philosopher Kenny Rogers springs to mind for my day
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
Failing to adhere to those ideas caught up with me today. 4.30 wakeup luckily put right and naproxen needed. Tea and cocoa until 18.00 then chicken thigh and avocado salad with mayo - comfortable with that. CCB swimming in 0 carb and cals? maple syrup - provided some stodge but not in my top 20 desserts of the day.
To be blunt, taught me that when you get complacent in a fight poo wins (nothing to do with bg levels as such) :arghh: Still I am in 1 piece so move on and keep chanting Mr Daltrey's refrain (won't get fooled again - yeah right)

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still in hospital :rolleyes:
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt and strawberries.
Lunch: fish in cheese sauce with side salad followed by SF jelly and one square of 70% chocolate.
Dinner: I thought I’d ordered cauliflower cheese but the morphine must have affected my memory as it turns out I’d ordered a cheese omelette followed by SF jelly and one square of 70.% chocolate.

Jaz006

Welcome to this strange but wonderful thread. I love tuna and red onion salad but not bread - it’s alcohol free beer in a solid form.

I've decided not to give up wholemeal or sourdough bread. Crisps yes.... Morning toast with a can of mackeral or a fried egg no. Bread is staying on my menu.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very behind with all things forum related.

The good news is the sofa fitted! A heart stopping moment when it looked like it might not (cue Oscar Wilde quotes), but a twist and turn and all was good. Very comfy indeed. The bad news is BG has been inexplicably higher than usual all day.

Usual OMAD for the weekend and usual beef short rib for Saturday but for lunch rather than dinner. Followed up with large portion of crunchy almond butter and extra thick Jersey cream plus 1 square Lindt 90% and 1 Hotel Chocolat 100% baton.

@jjraak that chocolate/nut combo looks good. Cream would definitely work well with it.

@zauberflote - 10 bars of 90%! Brilliant!

@Rachox hope you feel better tomorrow and that someone will bring you your Sunday Jaffa Cake!