RiffRaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people that have no manners,,
Don't post much in here but tend to read lot's
anyway had a A1c in November an got results back an i had gone from mid-low 40's mmol up to 87mmol after much profanity calmed down but then i got weighed an that has gone up to 140Kg even more swearing not even remotely impressed. with Xmas round the corner thought stuff it or word's to that effect.tried to keep things reasonable over chrimbo an new year didn't over do it with food. but did over do it with the vodka tho it's my only vice since i quite the fag's had a A1c a few day's ago and it's down to 58 mmol yes i know it's still higher that it should be so doing away with potatoes and some bread seem'a to have had an effect. i have tried some of the bread recipes an i can't be doing with them to much faffing about. so DN asked me to jump on the scales thought better not i might bust them LOL an what do yah know im down to 133Kg. so with the lack of bread an spud's an very little exercise i must admit that's down to pain and not much feeling in my legs.. but since they have changed my pain med's been talking 30 min walk most day's it seems to be working not feeling half as tiered as i used to but still some time's nod off at the drop of a hat might be time to get the bike out of the shed an see where that takes me.and what the spring and summer bring

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on the HbA1c and weight reductions @RiffRaff.
I too can't be bothered to make my own bread so eat wholemeal bread which is 15g carbs per slice. But I only have 1 or 2 slices,and not every day. There are lower carb breads available like Burgen Soya & Linseed, but I'm not keen on seedy breads.
I freeze my wholemeal bread and toast from frozen which is supposed to reduce the carb uptake.

I did try making 'mug bread' last week, which was quite quick and easy. 1 mug can be sliced into 3 slices. It is quite bread like, but tastes a bit eggy. I had it just spread with butter. It can be frozen and toasted, and would go well with a fried breakfast.

Mug Leto bread

3 tablespoons Almond flour
Half teaspoon Baking Powder
1 egg
1 Tablespoon Butter

Mix ingredients. Pour into mug or plastic or glass container. Microwave for 90 seconds.

RiffRaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people that have no manners,,
I too can't be bothered to make my own bread so eat wholemeal bread which is 15g carbs per slice. But I only have 1 or 2 slices,and not every day. There are lower carb breads available like Burgen Soya & Linseed, but I'm not keen on seedy breads.
I freeze my wholemeal bread and toast from frozen which is supposed to reduce the carb uptake.

I did try making 'mug bread' last week, which was quite quick and easy. 1 mug can be sliced into 3 slices. It is quite bread like, but tastes a bit eggy. I had it just spread with butter. It can be frozen and toasted, and would go well with a fried breakfast.

Mug Leto bread

1 egg
1 Tablespoon Butter

Mix ingredients. Pour into mug or plastic or glass container. Microwave for 90 seconds.

will agree that most taste to eggy did try warburtons danish that was 9g carbs a slice
will give that a try with breakfast tomorrow thanks

Reactions: Prem51

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well done! That is great, blood glucose down AND weight loss too. :D

Reactions: RiffRaff

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Mug Leto bread

1 egg
1 Tablespoon Butter

That went well! Easy quick and tasty. Not too eggy. Thanks.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mug Leto bread

1 egg
1 Tablespoon Butter

Hi thanks for this recipe- I got the serious stress munchies tonight after an evening of hell- had to have something warm and comforting - just made this added some dried herbs and garlic granules - just had it toasted and dripping with butter and it hit the spot - a little bit cakey but I liked it - and although I went off plan for my weight loss- I no longer have supper I managed to stay keto - will be one of my go to recipes now - think it will be great with a low carb soup :)

Reactions: Prem51 and DCUKMod