I’m Back!

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies for my silence this last few days I’ve been and had a pre-planned operation on my hip! All’s well except for the hospital food have I missed anything revolutionary like carb free creme eggs or a pill that reverses diabetes after one dose?

Reactions: Prem51

annie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for my silence this last few days I’ve been and had a pre-planned operation on my hip! All’s well except for the hospital food have I missed anything revolutionary like carb free creme eggs or a pill that reverses diabetes after one dose?

Still waiting on those Creme Eggs......! Glad to hear all is well.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
For food, I always went to the cafeteria.... much better, roasts and all that stuff. Coffee, cheeses, nuts, pretty good. Unlike the wards where powdered eggs on toast ruled, with apple juice and many other high sugar offerings. I also found that checking the diabetic box on the ordering form for meals meant I actually got the highest sugar content food than by not checking it and getting the same things everyone else got. Makes sense right? Diabetic, basically carb intolerant and they give you as much sugar and starch as they can. :banghead:

Good luck on the recovery. I hope you get back to bungy jumping on the weekends real soon :)

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For food, I always went to the cafeteria.... much better, roasts and all that stuff. Coffee, cheeses, nuts, pretty good. Unlike the wards where powdered eggs on toast ruled, with apple juice and many other high sugar offerings. I also found that checking the diabetic box on the ordering form for meals meant I actually got the highest sugar content food than by not checking it and getting the same things everyone else got. Makes sense right? Diabetic, basically carb intolerant and they give you as much sugar and starch as they can. :banghead:

Good luck on the recovery. I hope you get back to bungy jumping on the weekends real soon :)

I’m just about hooked up! You coming for a jump?

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How did you go on with the hospital food? Fingers crossed for a quick recovery. :)

An omelette which resembled the stretchy fabric of a trampoline, peas that I could of served aces with had I been playing tennis at Wimbledon and other manors of frightfully under/over cooked things. I’ll give credit for them actually taking the dieting seriously and having me talk to a nutritionist for other ways to eat!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An omelette which resembled the stretchy fabric of a trampoline, peas that I could of served aces with had I been playing tennis at Wimbledon and other manors of frightfully under/over cooked things. I’ll give credit for them actually taking the dieting seriously and having me talk to a nutritionist for other ways to eat!

Funny, but so sad. Same when I was in hospital. Badly cooked, uninspiring, bland, carb heavy, low fat and low salt everything. Even the sandwiches were prepacked hundreds of miles away in a factory - the same sort you get in supermarkets.

Glad to see you are on the mend.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your hip'll be hoppin'...! And you seem to have survived the hospital-grub. :) Nothing earth-shattering happened in your absence, but now that you're back, who knows!? One can hope eh. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sympathise, I’ve just got home from a five day stay in hospital after foot surgery, I was confined to my bed so had to rely on food served me and low carb snacks bought from home! So apart from Sunday lunch when I picked the low carb bits of a roast chicken dinner, I lived off omelettes!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I sympathise, I’ve just got home from a five day stay in hospital after foot surgery, I was confined to my bed so had to rely on food served me and low carb snacks bought from home! So apart from Sunday lunch when I picked the low carb bits of a roast chicken dinner, I lived off omelettes!

I wondered why you had been quieter than normal. ;) Hoping you have a quick recovery, both from the operation and the dreadful food!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I must be lucky with my hospital as I could usually pick out something particularly salads and sugar free jelly. The only meal that I didn’t have much option was breakfast as it was a choice of toast, porridge, cereal and/or yoghurt but there was butter as opposed to low fat spread. To be honest I was only in overnight the first time and 3 days the next so didn’t worry about the breakfast too much.