Blood Glucose Spike

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
True but its been like 6 months since I touched carbs.Just testing a few foods then switching back to Keto. I don't exactly like putting this stuff in my body but I don't exactly have the luxury of a glucose intolerance test because the NHS is broke in my area.

You can easily do your own DIY OGTT at home, any morning you choose. It doesn't have to be medically supervised, unless you think it will cause you material harm. If you believe it will cause you material harm, then your experiments would be considered dangerous too.

Reactions: lovinglife

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can easily do your own DIY OGTT at home, any morning you choose. It doesn't have to be medically supervised, unless you think it will cause you material harm. If you believe it will cause you material harm, then your experiments would be considered dangerous too.

Tried the foods and BG didn't go past 7 after 2 hours. However I didn't enjoy it. Carb-based food just tastes so sweet and artificial. Its disgusting. No wonder it screwed me up. I still can't believe I use to drink Cola and eat tons of Deli Mayo Sandwiches ugh!! Like pouring golden syrup into my mouth. I didn't realise even starchy vegetables are modified to be more sugar-dense. I can't go back after this experience now that I've actually tasted this food with a repaired palate.

Anyway fasting BG was at 4.8 today. An increase of 0.3 as I'm currently out of Ketosis but going to go 0 carb for 2 weeks to get back in.

All my cravings for carbs have just gone out the window. :) Carbs be gone!

Looking forward for today at 1:30pm. Get to munch though a whole bag of leafy salad, a whole round lettuce and some mackerel. I'll also have some cooked kale with olive oil. Yum Yum. Can't wait :D Time to get back into Keto.

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing to do with your doctor.. I just bought my own..

will give it a try after a few months. gonna go bk into keto now. if i get any hunger spikes i'll make some nut bread and have a nice courgette soup.