Type 1 Vision test

Jackson2526

Hi,I have to attend a vision field test for my driving licence.I was wondering if anyone else had done this and could give me advice about it.Do I wear glasses for it,do the rooms lights stay on while doing it?I have read a few things about it online,but everyone’s experience seems different.my test is going to be at my eye clinics hospital.any info would be much appreciated,thanks.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WHen I did it, it was without glasses, room lights were off. It was basically a white background with lights flashing in different places, you focus on the middle, (some more intense than others) and when you see it you press the button in your hand each time. I found the first time it was a bit confusing, I wasn't sure if it was my eyelashes in the way or it was actually a flash, plus I couldn't see because I had no glasses on :). Still passed with full field vision apparently.

Reactions: Jackson2526

Jackson2526

Thanks for your reply and help.I read people saying then did it with glasses on,and some saying they had no glasses on.its sounds really confusing,and quite nervous about doing it,hopefully all works out for me.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I haven't done that test but have had similar tests at my opticians, always with glasses off.

I have a small blind spot (apparently) but hey, you can only do your best. Good luck.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your reply and help.I read people saying then did it with glasses on,and some saying they had no glasses on.its sounds really confusing,and quite nervous about doing it,hopefully all works out for me.
It may just be that there are a couple of test for it and different hospitals/opticians have slightly different tests. they will let you know whether to wear your glasses or not for the test.
When I last had it done it was similar to the one Muneeb mentioned but was not exactly the same, I had to let the optician know how many lights I saw each time (was always between 1 and 5 I think)

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most vision tests done for Diabetic eye tests will include a periphery vision test which was when I had mine last year, looking for a flashing light on a black background and getting a score out of 100; which i got 98 out of both eyes and at 72 and a T1 for 56 years not bad!