advice about toes started to tingle

James2

hi
just asking for advice
i have type 2 take Metformin: 5oomg x 2 am and pm
i take felodapine 5mg x2 . doxazosin 4 mg,x 3 indapamide 1.5 mg ramipril 10 mg for my blood pressure

this week some of my toes have started to tingle and some tips of my fingers i presume it is peripheral neuropathy (DPN).
my last HBA1C was 39 and it is has been in the low 40's for nearly 2 years diagnosed 2 and half years ago
my blood sugars are normally 6.5 to 7.5 in the morning and they then go down after a walk ,i do intermittent fasting 2 to 3 days a week and eat between 12 miday and 8pm . my blood sugars are about 8.5 after a meal
i have lapses with my diet .after the tingling i took my blood sugars and they were 10 which was a shock. but i thought peripheral neuropathy (DPN). happened after prolonged high blood sugars and that is not the case with me ( apart from when i was undiagnosed)
i have increased my walking and my blood sugars are back to normal.
apart from cutting back on carbs is there anything else i can try,?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi James I sometimes get that. Well I was getting that but it seems to have stopped since being more careful dietwise and starting to exercise again.

I shall be interested to see what others say on this.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
James, we can’t diagnose here but I would advise you to see your GP if you have any health issues. Let us know how you get on.

James2

James, we can’t diagnose here but I would advise you to see your GP if you have any health issues. Let us know how you get on.

wow well done with the results , i appreciate people cant diagnose and i will be going to see my diabetic nurse, just wondered what other people found helpful

James2

Hi James I sometimes get that. Well I was getting that but it seems to have stopped since being more careful dietwise and starting to exercise again.

I shall be interested to see what others say on this.

thanks for that , it has reduced slightly since increasing my walking

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for that , it has reduced slightly since increasing my walking
I am not sure how reversible it all is. Along with the tingling I have had discolouration of the toes, dryness of the skin (feet) and distortion of the toenails due to fungal growth, but the conditions are not as bad now as they were before.