Calling all lasses. Re: Periods

Jaz006

Diagnosed in June... am just getting on with it:arghh:. Does anyone feel strange a day or so before they come on or is it just my age (45) and hormones? I don't test my sugars or anything can't be A* with all that.

Two days ago in the afternoon I got up from the chair and felt weird. Yesterday I woke up and didn't feel well. I felt strange and moody I think? Anyway today... Hello blob :banghead:. Just wondering if I should be doing something or eating differently?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't have a meter so you can test how your glucose levels are reacting to changes I hope you have made, how can you know what is going on with your glucose levels?
At 6 months from diagnosis I was in normal ranges, and had a few episodes of feeling lightheaded on the way, but I knew why from checking BG levels. Hormones do cause changes in levels, but without testing it is just guesswork.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed in June... am just getting on with it:arghh:. Does anyone feel strange a day or so before they come on or is it just my age (45) and hormones? I don't test my sugars or anything can't be A* with all that.

Two days ago in the afternoon I got up from the chair and felt weird. Yesterday I woke up and didn't feel well. I felt strange and moody I think? Anyway today... Hello blob :banghead:. Just wondering if I should be doing something or eating differently?

Sorry Jaz but I think you are simply hazarding guesses if you don't test, your feelings of 'weirdness' could be down to anything and it could also be down to low or high glucose levels.

Jaz006

If you don't have a meter so you can test how your glucose levels are reacting to changes I hope you have made, how can you know what is going on with your glucose levels?
At 6 months from diagnosis I was in normal ranges, and had a few episodes of feeling lightheaded on the way, but I knew why from checking BG levels. Hormones do cause changes in levels, but without testing it is just guesswork.

Don't currently have a meter because I was told by DN that i didnt need one

Jaz006

Sorry Jaz but I think you are simply hazarding guesses if you don't test, your feelings of 'weirdness' could be down to anything and it could also be down to low or high glucose levels.

Its down to the periods grrr!!! It's not high blood sugar because these days I eat like a queen. Ie. Only the best and totally sugar free.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sugar free or carb free? Big difference
Its down to the periods grrr!!! It's not high blood sugar because these days I eat like a queen. Ie. Only the best and totally sugar free.

We’re pretty much all told not to rest. Frankly penny pinching advice and makes no sense. How else will you know what’s happening. There’s an entire thread on here about it. Called something like “were you told not to test”

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about starch free?
Sugar isn't the only carbohydrate, and if you got the advice don't test - what else have they said that is wrong? It does make me wonder.
Would they be happy to drive a car without a speedometer because if they were to go too fast they would know - when the fines started to arrive - it is the same logic as not having a meter to test your glucose.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These are all starch: bread, potatoes, grains of any kind, rice and root vegetables

All starch turned to sugar (glucose) in our bodies and raises our blood sugar level.

So does fruit (fructose) and milk products (lactose)

anything with an 'ose' in it is a starch.

We have to reduce our whole starch intake, not only visible sugars.

Jaz006

Well I will be booking an appointment to see my Go I think and will be handing her back the hangouts she gave me telling me to eat bread, potatoes and rice.

Jaz006

Well I will be booking an appointment to see my Go I think and will be handing her back the hangouts she gave me telling me to eat bread, potatoes and rice.

I actually stopped eating those things on diagnosis but still the gp shouldn't be giving out incorrect info.

Anyway. My periods have definately changed or maybe it's my hormones? Who knows.