100% Cocoa Chocolate

M

Member496333

Montezuma Absolute Black is just great for me, with <0.5g % of sugars, it doesn't upset my control. I've tried 99% Cocoa Lindt and it tastes awful, and comes in micro 50g bars at a price!

Yeah it’s great chocolate. I went through a recent phase of having a bar at weekends. I’ve actually stopped now though, as I felt that it could all too easily become the norm for me. It raised my heart rate a lot too. Too nice! Had to go :D

Reactions: jjraak

Haslam55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Usually have J.D Gross from Lidl comes in several varieties and strengths.
Got some Hotel Chocolate 100% for Christmas. Didn’t like the texture, so used it in my chilli. Delicious

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
After a few months eating one square of Lindt 85% chocolate (4g of carbs) per day, today I tried my Valentine's Day present which is Montezuma "100% Cocoa Solids Absolute Back Chocolate with Cocoa Nibs." Well, that is a really strong (bitter) taste and the texture is almost sandy. However I suspect one gets used to it? One square is not much more than 1g of carbs so I would very much like to like it, if you see what I mean....
I have two squares of 90% Lindt as a treat ... love it!

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried the Montezuma 100% and to be completely honest it tastes awful compared to Lindt, the Lindt 90% is sooooo nice and luxurious in comparison and a 100g bar is only like 14g or carbs,

Yes, I've tried all of these and although they are acquired tastes, for price Lindt beats them all, In ASDA this week 2 x 100g 90% bars for £3, you can't get Montezumas or, anyone else's currently, for that price.