Site rotation

Floral313

Hi I was just wondering how does injection site rotations work should I be using a different site completely every time like one time I would go in my arm and then to my stomach or is staying in the same area for a day but moving around for example one day stay in the stomach but not the exact same place and the next day using the arm
Sorry if this sounds confusing I’m only new to this

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi I was just wondering how does injection site rotations work should I be using a different site completely every time like one time I would go in my arm and then to my stomach or is staying in the same area for a day but moving around for example one day stay in the stomach but not the exact same place and the next day using the arm
Sorry if this sounds confusing I’m only new to this

When I was on MDI I would rotate every jab. Stomach, left side then right side, left leg then right leg. Was never brave enough to do it in my arms! When I was very young around 8 years old and the needles were huge (22g 1 1/2" long) I would just inject in my stomach, same place twice a day for a LONG time because it didn't hurt as much. I had 2 huge lumps (lipohypertrophy) on my stomach which took years to go away.

Reactions: SimonCrox
D

Deleted Account

I rotate my site around the tummy area.
I adopt the policy of odd numbered dates = left side and even numbered dates = right side.
I very rarely use my thigh as I was advised walking would increase the absorption rate and I walk a lot.
Being slim, I need to pinch to inject. As I am not double-jointed, I have never pinched and injected in my arms

I bruise easily so within left and right side of my tummy I can usually see (and avoid) recent injection sites and inject at least 2cm from the bruises.
If I was logical, I could probably devise a technique for selecting injection sites (e.g. top left, middle far left, bottom left, middle centre left).

After 15 years, I have no lumps from injecting.

Floral313

When I was on MDI I would rotate every jab. Stomach, left side then right side, left leg then right leg. Was never brave enough to do it in my arms! When I was very young around 8 years old and the needles were huge (22g 1 1/2" long) I would just inject in my stomach, same place twice a day for a LONG time because it didn't hurt as much. I had 2 huge lumps (lipohypertrophy) on my stomach which took years to go away.

That’s the thing that sparked my question I’m terrified of getting this no offence thanks

Floral313

I rotate my site around the tummy area.
I adopt the policy of odd numbered dates = left side and even numbered dates = right side.
I very rarely use my thigh as I was advised walking would increase the absorption rate and I walk a lot.
Being slim, I need to pinch to inject. As I am not double-jointed, I have never pinched and injected in my arms

I bruise easily so within left and right side of my tummy I can usually see (and avoid) recent injection sites and inject at least 2cm from the bruises.
If I was logical, I could probably devise a technique for selecting injection sites (e.g. top left, middle far left, bottom left, middle centre left).

After 15 years, I have no lumps from injecting.

I usually pinch to object aswell when I was first diagnosed my favourite place to go was my leg so that’s where I stayed but soon learned that wasn’t a good idea so I went to my arms and stomach I feel comfortable with all my sites now so I was doing my arm or day and going clock wise and the next day my stomach I thought that was the same as going to the same spot thanks