Victoza versus trulicity

Grangetop_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone have experience of Victoza (daily) or Trulicity (weekly)? I saw the DN for the first time 2 weeks ago and she has suggested trying one of these. I'm new to all of this but have been following LCHF since my appointment and already feel much better.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Grangetop_ - I have zero wisdom to offer you on either of these treatments, but this post will boost your question up the viewing lists. You posted at a quiet time, so hopefully more will see it this morning.

Grangetop_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Grangetop_ - I have zero wisdom to offer you on either of these treatments, but this post will boost your question up the viewing lists. You posted at a quiet time, so hopefully more will see it this morning.
Thank you for replying. I thought I'd posted it in the wrong place!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone have experience of Victoza (daily) or Trulicity (weekly)? I saw the DN for the first time 2 weeks ago and she has suggested trying one of these. I'm new to all of this but have been following LCHF since my appointment and already feel much better.
What's your most recent HbA1c? Your profile says you are taking one metformin a day so the jump to another medication already looks a bit odd? Are you suffering with the metformin "problems'?

Grangetop_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My latest (2 weeks ago) HbA1c was 54 and at diagnosis in March this year it was 57. I was discussing with the DN my problem with portion sizes and she suggested these injections. Although at first I felt sick with Metformin , I'm ok with it now. Should I wait until the next blood test in 2 months after doing LCHF?

JoolP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I’m also quite new to all this. I was prescribed Victoza by my DN back in June & had a warning off the pharmacist whom I now know quite well. The nausea from initially starting Victoza was awful but I had been warned to hang in there and it should stop after a few days, I took anti nausea pills which took the edge off. I thought people were exaggerating about how bad it was but I was determined to overcome it. After 4 months with hardly a day of not feeling nauseous I’ve had to stop it. A shame as the results were really good.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on the weekly version of Victoza for a while, didn't have any of the side effects, but it didn't work for me either, I just sat under my skin as a small lump (for months) and wasn't absorbed my my body

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I take victoza 1.8
I would now say the effect of this is wearing off. I had no side effects.

bengaltiger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I did start off with Victoza in early 2018 but the nausea was debilitating so I switched to Trulicity since Feb 2018. The side effects for the first 6 months were terrible but now they are much more manageable and my BG is doing well.