What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
A straight 6.0 this morning, missing those 5s but I'm into my 5th day of this rubbish bad chest so to be expected. I'm also hungry in the mornings at the mo for some reason.
On the positive side at least it's Friday

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I know what you mean if I go to bed hungry I struggle to get to sleep so it doesnt happen very often! Btw guess what the leaky roof finally got fixed this week. Only took 10 weeks and just in time for better weather!

So glad it’s finally fixed and you can get all those bowls and buckets down from the loft - it has been yonks hasn’t it?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have my sympathy @Emma_369. Problems with the mercurial jointyMcjointyface are no fun. Industrial quantities of Naproxen for me this week but let's hope your issues disperse faster.
@Bubbsie - 2 laps of the park? The girl Bubbsie dun good TM Mr H Redknapp Esq; @DJC3 good fbgs - lets hope they aren't the Tee2 fake new media; @HarrisonK great work on the log store and log front - hedges really need a digger taking to them. If I missed anyone apologies but I am a very simple soul and approaching pensionable age. The time of life at which tone can do and say all kinds of rude, daft and just plain wrong things not to mention dress ridiculously.

I’m thinking exactly the same - bgs have been quite dramatically lower since using the Tee2 so I’m setting myself up for a fall come next HbA1c I expect!
For now though I am happy every time I take a reading and my day is instantly better so I’ll just have to take it on the chin next time ( I won’t of course, I’ll be cheesed off for a bit as usual)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
Fbg 4.8
Friday ketones 3.5
Off to gym in a few mins - third morning in row but cant go for next four or five days as busy tomorrow and then on Sunday up to mums for hospital appts etc. Wanted to establish a gym habit hence 3 in a row - back to it next week. Extra exercise seems to have put my ketones up and also now at bottom level of my weight maintenance parameters really don’t want to go any lower but would imagine that will settle.
Have a good Friday all.

Well done for gym attendance, I agree it’s a good idea to try and create a habit. Hope all goes well with your mum’s appointment next week.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
A straight 6.0 this morning, missing those 5s but I'm into my 5th day of this rubbish bad chest so to be expected. I'm also hungry in the mornings at the mo for some reason.
On the positive side at least it's Friday
Hope you feel better soon

Reactions: AngiH

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.9 this morning, so rather pleased with that. Osteo appointment today, really nice lady, things feeling a lot less stiff now. Another appointment next week. Rather tired after my day in Leicester yesterday, but it was a good day, so worth it.!

Hope everyone is doing well today and looking forward to the weekend.

P62

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning!!! Dublin.is agreeing with me. Look what I found in the local Lidl!!!

Attachments

• 20190222_134642_resized.jpg
    20190222_134642_resized.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 125

Gav-wxm

Iv been fasting for nearly 24 hours (last meal at 5pm yesterday). This morning I was 7.2 and as of 5 min ago I’m now 5.4, all I have had today is 5 cups of tea, no milk and obviously no sugar.

I’m new to all this as Iv only recently been diagnosed with Type 2. Does this sound about right?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think with all that training you'd be entitled to a piece of cake rhubarb...very impressive... I think I done well with two laps (walking) of our local park.

Now that is my kind of marathon. :)

@Emma_369 and @karen8967 hugs to you, and hope that you'll soon be feeling great again. And a hug to @Cumberland with best wishes to you and your family and the darling puppy.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An even 6 this morning from my right hand, which I'll take instead of the 6.6 from my left hand.

Fog again this morning, third day in a row, but visitors who drove over here told me it's lifted from street level. I'm glad for all the drivers today.

Maybe this would be a day for robot cars? Can they do Instrument Driving Rules as pilots do Instrument Flight Rules?

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, 4.2 for me

Good morning, 6.1 here and I'm back in the garden. Yesterday, I built the new wood store, chopped the logs and set up the new compost bins before the new shredder arrives. Hopefully all the hedging and tree care will be done by the end of Feb and I can finish the flower beds before the lawns need doing. Musn't forget the 'fairy garden' either. Who knew early retirement could be so relaxing *sighs* :)

I'm envious - we don't do any yard work here until the end of May when all danger of frost is past. Right now, my backyard is under snow, frozen and then after it thaws out, the soil has to dry out (that takes quite a while). Trees and hedges can't be pruned yet either because of frost. People usually start yard work and gardening here by Victoria Day on the long weekend the last Monday in May because that's when the risk of frost is passed (my province Ontario still celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday). That weekend the plant nurseries/gardencentres are jammed with people eager to garden after winter. This morning my husband had to resalt the driveway and walkway again because of more ice this morning. We are supposed to get a thaw this weekend, then more snow.

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Iv been fasting for nearly 24 hours (last meal at 5pm yesterday). This morning I was 7.2 and as of 5 min ago I’m now 5.4, all I have had today is 5 cups of tea, no milk and obviously no sugar.

I’m new to all this as Iv only recently been diagnosed with Type 2. Does this sound about right?

Yes, that sounds good. Was your blood glucose lower last night? If so, you may have dawn phenomena, raised numbers in the morning because your liver dumps glucose before you wake (about 50% of Type 2s have it).

I've just finished a fast myself. I find eating low carb has made fasting much easier and I'm much less hungry. (Before low carb eating, I was always hungry.)

Although fasting isn't helpful for all Type 2s (and those who take insulin or insulin producing drugs need to watch their numbers carefully so they don't go too low), some of us find it helpful. I'm a diet only Type 2 who doesn't ever get hypos although I stop fasting when it starts to get near 4.0 (3.9 and below is hypoglycemia.)

I fast several times a week as it helps my blood sugar and weight loss (I'm one of the Type 2s who's had a long standing weight problem - very insulin resistant.)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @Gav-wxm Your readings are ok for a Type 2. NHS guidelines are that a T2 should have readings between 4-7 mmol/L before eating, and a rise of not more than 2 mmol/L two hours after eating.