Highest/lowest Reading

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
It provides me with insight. e.g. if it’s only yourself that has figures all over the place you can then make comparisons with others to try and work out if you could do something different to stop the peaks (if it’s the peaks and high levels that like me your worried about). It’s useful only to those that find it useful :)
True, you might think it is useful but comparing to others is a bit like comparing chaulk with cheese. You might be able to observe some general effect but there are too many variables. If you look at a non-diabetic study regarding how to plan diets: "Blood sugar level responses to foods are highly individual" Wiesman institute 19/1/2015 demonstrates that the composition of one person's bowel bugs predicts their individual response to food from another person so you would need to also swap information about individual bowel bug composition as well as BSLs, treatment, actual diet, sensitivity to season and weather change plus level of stress vs the effect of any recent exercise to really have any valid level of comparison. But whatever you find useful, please indulge yourself !!

Geoffno6

@Geoffno6 You can put some info in 'your profile page' as 'signature' . It shows under each post you make. I have my HbA1c results, weight and BMI at date of HbA1c. Others also give details of their meds.
If you can't see it that possibly might be if you are using a mobile phone to access forum rather than a pc.

Thx Prem, I must have a browse on my PC

Reactions: Prem51

Geoffno6

True, you might think it is useful but comparing to others is a bit like comparing chaulk with cheese. You might be able to observe some general effect but there are too many variables. If you look at a non-diabetic study regarding how to plan diets: "Blood sugar level responses to foods are highly individual" Wiesman institute 19/1/2015 demonstrates that the composition of one person's bowel bugs predicts their individual response to food from another person so you would need to also swap information about individual bowel bug composition as well as BSLs, treatment, actual diet, sensitivity to season and weather change plus level of stress vs the effect of any recent exercise to really have any valid level of comparison. But whatever you find useful, please indulge yourself !!

Interesting debate :)
So this forum is a bit of a waste of time????
If following advice based on the experience of others is pointless because we haven’t exchanged bowel bug info’ then that is your conclusion. I totally disagree.
Much research is done by getting multiple results and looking at averages and finding trends. Trends, not a hard fixed path. I think it is much much better to start your personal research based on this trend rather than reinventing the wheel. Yes it might not work for reasons you’ve mentioned but it works for say 5 or 8 out of 10 people then it’s a good way to start.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday (12/12) lowest 5.2 before evening meal. Highest 8.0 two hours afterwards.

Reactions: Geoffno6

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday (13/12) Highest 6.4 fbg, lowest 5.2 before evening meal.

Reactions: Geoffno6

Geoffno6

Friday - a morning peak of 11.5 though in the 9s most of the morning, thought I only had bacon and egg to eat. And a best of 6.8
Saturday - totally different, a morning peak of 9.5 and currently down at 5.1 at 5.45pm :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday (18/2) Lowest 5.3 before evening meal. Highest 6.8 two hours after eating.

ardvark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine has dropped to the 4. odd a few times this past week. Being new to this is this something to be concerned about? The consultant told me my results should be beween 5 and 7.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine has dropped to the 4. odd a few times this past week. Being new to this is this something to be concerned about? The consultant told me my results should be beween 5 and 7.
Are you on any medication for your diabetes aardvark? If so, what, as that does have a bearing on your question.

ardvark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been put on medication after a heart attack that also made me diabetic type 2. Is a reading in the 4's now and again something to worry about?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been put on medication after a heart attack that also made me diabetic type 2. Is a reading in the 4's now and again something to worry about?

Again, what medication are you on for your diabetes? Only then can anyone make a judgement on a response.

It could be helpful to quote or tag when responding, so that anyone busy on forum has their attention drawn to your response

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday (20/2). Lowest 5.7 before evening meal. Highest 6.9 two hours after eating.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Highest 28 lowest 15.5
Struggling a bit at the moment and feel very drained

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday (22/2).
Lowest 4.9 before evening meal. Highest 8.0 two hours after eating - I blame the Bulgur Wheat.

ardvark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you on any medication for your diabetes aardvark? If so, what, as that does have a bearing on your question.
Ok these are the meds I'm on atm. Some are to do with the attack and some are for Diabetes
Ticagrelor
Aspirin
Atorvastatin
Bisoprolol
Ramipril
Gliclazide
Metformin

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok these are the meds I'm on atm. Some are to do with the attack and some are for Diabetes
Ticagrelor
Aspirin
Atorvastatin
Bisoprolol
Ramipril
Gliclazide
Metformin

Thank you. That does matter, as you are on Gliclazide. Gliclazide, due to its action can cause hypos which can be unpleasant, so you should always have some glucotabs or Jelly Babies with you should you go too low. We're you not taking Gliclazide (or similar), there would be fewer concerns.

I imagine your Docs just want you in a safe blood glucose place at the moment, rather than chasing stupendous numbers.

ardvark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was given some sweets at hospital and was told to use them if I went below 4.
Question is wether my 4.something now and again is anything to worry about.
Another thing at the other end my readings go up to 8 and 9 before bed again now and again.
Is that anything to worry about?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given some sweets at hospital and was told to use them if I went below 4.
Question is wether my 4.something now and again is anything to worry about.
Another thing at the other end my readings go up to 8 and 9 before bed again now and again.
Is that anything to worry about?
Under normal circumstances, 4 is the hype trigger. Your Doc wants you slightly higher at 5. I'm not going to make any judgement for someone who has very recently had a cardiac event, and nor should anyone else on this website.

ardvark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 to 7 the Consultant suggests
What I'm asking from members is what would happen if it goes above or below the suggested reading?