What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Not a lot to eat as we were waiting for the groceries to be delivered.
Dinner: Savoury liver and bacon at the bowls club bistro.
Breakfast today: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon and tomato.

I have changed my future podiatrist appointments so they do not coincide with the morning grocery delivery window (10:00 to 12:00).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A paste of bicarbonate should do the trick. Clean it first then rub the paste in. Adding a little vinegar or lemon juice will make it fizz , a bit of elbow grease and it should shift. If not another possibility is toothpaste. For clothing you can't beat Dr Beckmann's stain removers.
thank you @maglil55

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thanks @dunelm for test control solution notes. I have Reynaud’s which is very prominent with my weight loss and advancing age. Fun and games. Wash hands, get warm, start in with equipment, and then all is white and chill again. I do lots of massaging of the fingers some days.
Ok @Goonergal what was the temp out for you to wear shorts??!? That seems outrageous :D
@shelley262 I am eating my chocolate this very moment.
@Rachox and @maglil55 wish you could have seen the walker I used for my first hip in 2013! I carried my purse over one side, a big tote over the other side, and a chef type apron with two huge pockets strategically tied over the front. I could carry my whole life in that contraption!
There are 17 more posts but I absolutely have to get to bed. If I start now, I should be in bed in 2 hours, and that’s skipping the walk. Arghhh.
Bfast 1/2 avocado (decadently creamy and perfect), egg, some spoons of farmer cheese which seems very similar to ricotta?, 2 sq 90% choc, decaf/soy/cream
Lunch the rest of the decaf with another carafe of black decaf on top of it, can of blackberry/citrus seltzer yum!
Supper a little out of control bc my brain was spinning from all the fluorescent lights I’d spent the afternoon under. Small pile mixed nuts, 3 cherry toms, spinach, celery, a swiss cheese burrito thing, 1 sq chocolate as a reward for nit letting the middle-schoolers down in my judging.
Since I have to go straight back to the tournament tomorrow after playing at an early morning funeral, I think I may pack a meal. I have been delighting in the numbers my meter shows me from this no-lunch deal plus no bedtime snack.
Here’s today’s supper minus the choccy:
IMG_7635.jpg

Love the tulips!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok @Goonergal what was the temp out for you to wear shorts??!? That seems outrageous :D

In your money about 60 degrees. Shorts were feasible because down on the canals it’s very sheltered and was (mainly) in direct sunlight with only a gentle breeze - and was moving at a decent pace for a decent length of time (about 2.5 hours total). Admittedly by the time I got home it was getting a little chilly as the sun had almost gone.

Due to be warmer today so the shorts may reappear after this morning’s footie practice. Just love the freedom of moving about unemcumbereed by excess clothing.

Reactions: zauberflote

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm guessing now isn't the time to mention 35c/95f around these parts.

Oh well. No vest for me today.

Kingmidas

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got to say Jim's dish on Masterchef last night looked like cauliflower heaven. Wish they'd told us more about the content of his plate. I've been trawling the internet but obviously too early for the fine detail. I've picked up on the cauliflower steak with the dehydrated Parma ham topping, cauliflower cheese croquettes, cauliflower "scotch egg" (although I haven't worked out whether its cauliflower surrounded by sausagemeat or egg surrounded by cauliflower), tempura chips made from the stalks and some puree. Anyone else see it?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to say Jim's dish on Masterchef last night looked like cauliflower heaven. Wish they'd told us more about the content of his plate. I've been trawling the internet but obviously too early for the fine detail. I've picked up on the cauliflower steak with the dehydrated Parma ham topping, cauliflower cheese croquettes, cauliflower "scotch egg" (although I haven't worked out whether its cauliflower surrounded by sausagemeat or egg surrounded by cauliflower), tempura chips made from the stalks and some puree. Anyone else see it?

Sounds fab. I must get hooked into the VPN and iPlayer and catch up. I haven't been watching the Sewing Bee either this year.

Memo to self.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds fab. I must get hooked into the VPN and iPlayer and catch up. I haven't been watching the Sewing Bee either this year.

Memo to self.
It was. First time I've seen Grace Dent the food critic almost overcome. She was fighting John & Greg off to keep them away from the plate. Their task had been to make veggies the star of their plate and boy was cauliflower a star on his plate. Looked amazing for this stage of the competition. I just wish they would publish the recipes from the early stages of the competition. All I could think of was it would be a dawdle to adapt for a really interesting low carb plate. I'd never considered cauliflower stalk for chips before.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was. First time I've seen Grace Dent the food critic almost overcome. She was fighting John & Greg off to keep them away from the plate. Their task had been to make veggies the star of their plate and boy was cauliflower a star on his plate. Looked amazing for this stage of the competition. I just wish they would publish the recipes from the early stages of the competition. All I could think of was it would be a dawdle to adapt for a really interesting low carb plate. I'd never considered cauliflower stalk for chips before.

I always eat the cauli stalks. If I'm to eat it raw, then I will remove the outer skin, but if it's going to be cooked, the whole shebang goes in.

Having downloaded the first Sewing Bee, I'll find last nights Masterchef.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Beautiful day here - feels more like April than February.

My dodgy tummy survived last night's dinner so I think the problem was caused by the Metformin.

Today...

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: an 89p smoked salmon and cream cheese roule cheese from Aldi which I ate from the container with a teaspoon. I live the high life!!! It was absolutely delicious and I will definitely get it again

Dinner: Guests will be back from their sight seeing but not sure of the exact time so it will be an almost instant dinner of raw jumbo king prawns fried in butter, lemon zest and a touch of chilli on a bed of mixed leaves followed by lots of steaming hot mussels in a garlicky white wine broth with crusty bread for those who eat it

Dessert: The guests are supplying the dessert from Bettys at Harrogate - I doubt there is anything I can eat from there so I've got some fresh raspberries.

Drinks: Black decaff coffee, water, red wine

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Marvelous. I have since trawled around the wonder web but so far nothing.
Yes, the cauliflower scotch egg is a bit of a mystery. I suppose that you could use a mix of cauliflower and sausage meat - experiments called for.
Might try each in turn as the whole thing may be a tad too carby for me.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

Yesterday was
B: 3 x 97% meat gf sausages
L: nothing
D: jerk chicken. Turns out the journey through the digestive tract doesn’t reduce the heat.

Today:
B: 3 x chicken livers pan fried in butter, garlic and rosemary
V late L: chicken wing and steak combo in pub. No veg, salad or bun. 5 disappointing chips.
Unlikely to need anything else, but if I do, it will be goatsmilk yog. And cocoa. And peanut butter.
Ok, maybe i will have it whether I need it or not...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Marvelous. I have since trawled around the wonder web but so far nothing.
Yes, the cauliflower scotch egg is a bit of a mystery. I suppose that you could use a mix of cauliflower and sausage meat - experiments called for.
Might try each in turn as the whole thing may be a tad too carby for me.
I can see either working. A creamy cauliflower cheese centre surrounded by a spicy sausagemeat and I'd use my sesame crumb mix. Other option I'd go small with soft boiled quail egg sealed again in cauliflower cheese and the same crumb.
I'm in the process of ordering more things for the mystical cupboard to make low carb tempura batter. If it works it will be well used as I love tempura veg and I already know how to do low carb sweet chilli dip.