Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just had a phone call off son to say our little ninja alex is getting graded for his white belt and has invited us along so theres wales out the window although it wasnt much of a choice as our alex would always win hands down melts my heart he does .:happy:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi and welcome @Capt-Slog , here from Oz. Even after 52 years still learning and over time the same questions can have some different answers, must be progress or something? Bet you are glad your type of diabetes is not a car brand !!
I think some of these acronyms are made up on purpose!!
Feast your eyes on the Home page and the threads. And either we are living in a virtual reality or we are all insane. being happy is the best outcome whatever the truth is.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning Saturday pricklers, it's looking very spring like outside with beautiful blue skies. I had an Indian take away, not had a takeaway for ages and awoke on a 10.4, so need to get busy and active to get it down by lunchtime.
Have a lovely weekend guys :)

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :)

I am back.... and with a bump

Those of you who have seen my (very first) posts in the Pregnancy section of this forum, will know I have struggled with infertility for years and years. I had finally been funded and approved a round of IVF and was all set to go with it, only to find I fell pregnant naturally the very same month I was set to start treatment

It has been a rough few weeks/months, with hospital stays, scares and severe sickness and diabetes has only made it so much harder.

Hope you are all doing well, I have missed this forum, and the support on here so hopefully will be dropping in more often

x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Those of you who have seen my (very first) posts in the Pregnancy section of this forum, will know I have struggled with infertility for years and years. I had finally been funded and approved a round of IVF and was all set to go with it, only to find I fell pregnant naturally the very same month I was set to start treatment

It has been a rough few weeks/months, with hospital stays, scares and severe sickness and diabetes has only made it so much harder.

Hope you are all doing well, I have missed this forum, and the support on here so hopefully will be dropping in more often

x

Hug each congratulations CranberryIce. It must be a very exciting time for you all.

I hope the coming weeks get easier.

Reactions: CranberryIce

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

x

Congratulations! Pregnancy with T1 is hard work, but worth it

Reactions: CranberryIce

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Congratulations @CranberryIce :)

Hello @Capt-Slog

Ho hum, it warm out, Im running low ~as per~ and Mrs Knikki is moving plants around so looks like I might be digging holes later :)

Was, like @karen8967, going to go to Wales, well to a shop but last minute decided not to as it is last weekend of half term and a nice day so nearly all of Liverpool and Cheshire will be heading to North Wales.
Have fun.
Digging holes isn't my thing unless it's in Minecraft.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Minecraft? know of it but never played it.
Not sure whether to recommend it or not. My son wanted to play it about 3 years ago. I downloaded it and played it first to be sure it was safe for him. I became totally addicted and he outgrew it in about 3 months.

I find it very relaxing. If you loved LEGO as a kid, then you will probably love Minecraft too.

I get grumpy if I can't spend a few hours on it a week. How sad is that!

Reactions: porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations @CranberryIce :)

Hello @Capt-Slog

Ho hum, it warm out, Im running low ~as per~ and Mrs Knikki is moving plants around so looks like I might be digging holes later :)

Was, like @karen8967, going to go to Wales, well to a shop but last minute decided not to as it is last weekend of half term and a nice day so nearly all of Liverpool and Cheshire will be heading to North Wales.
knikki went to grandsons karate grading and we wasnt allowed in the room so off to town for a chinese and since tommys driving il have to have a celebratory vodka for our ninja

Reactions: porl69

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi All, Scott invited me over to join you guys as it is my first day on the Forum.
I can see that this is where all the Experts hang out.

As I have got you all in the same place I have a question:
"Do you ever get bored of newbies asking the same questions over and over?"

Hi slogger
Welcome aboard

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I quite like the Baxter's soup range but my local Tesco and Sainsbury only do a few of them, so I jumped on the bus today and headed out to a Waitrose to see if they had the more obscure ones from their Chef's Selection range - yes, my Saturday was that exciting, hunting down rare soup varieties.

Jeesh, how posh is Waitrose!

Ended up going overboard a bit: a new Baxter's beef and ale soup, lobster bisque, Elsinore seafood gumbo, bouillabaisse, brown rice genmai sushi, in-shell crab, fresh figs and quail's eggs, natch...

Oh, and some Tabasco chipotle sauce - the ordinary Tabasco is too sharp, but this number is smooth and smoky. Hadn't seen it anywhere for a few years, so got three bottles.

I'll be eating in this week...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
“Let’s take a photo of you and your new car” says husband.

Me: *face*

E6A175D8-2D67-47C7-AB77-EBE144080C9F.jpeg