1st time pregnant

Robynberrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently found out I was pregnant for this first time and it wasn’t planned. My diabetes hasn’t been that greatly managed so I’m pretty worried about things. Haven’t had no appointments yet as I only found out this week. Just worried because my blood sugars have been all over shop this week ranging from 4.2 and they are going all the way up to 22. Pretty nervous and worried but trying to keep calm!

Reactions: Jkelly88

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully they will get you in quickly! Can your nurse advise you whilst you are waiting to be seen?

Mine gave me targets to aim
for. Made it difficult as I had lots of lows and bad sickness which sent my levels all over the place.

Jkelly88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am the same, I’ve just found out (tonight!) that I’m 2-3 weeks pregnant, my sugars have been like yours, all Over the shop, had a 3.6 today and two readings of 21-23! I’m terrified! Planning to call the diabetes centre tomorrow but I’ve just read so much about the effects
Of poor sugar control I’m now petrified!

Robynberrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am the same, I’ve just found out (tonight!) that I’m 2-3 weeks pregnant, my sugars have been like yours, all Over the shop, had a 3.6 today and two readings of 21-23! I’m terrified! Planning to call the diabetes centre tomorrow but I’ve just read so much about the effects
Of poor sugar control I’m now petrified!

Oh congratulations! I had to stop googling things because I was just scaring myself! I have an appointment next Wednesday I think I’ll feel more relaxed once I’ve seen someone and spoke to someone about it and hopefully I’ll be having a scan too to check things out. I hope all goes well with you!

Jkelly88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh congratulations! I had to stop googling things because I was just scaring myself! I have an appointment next Wednesday I think I’ll feel more relaxed once I’ve seen someone and spoke to someone about it and hopefully I’ll be having a scan too to check things out. I hope all goes well with you!

Wishing you all the best for your appointment too x

Marmite-lover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Snakes and pomegranates!
Hi ladies! So I was in a similar situation when I fell pregnant with not great control and I then had horrible morning sickness and ended up in hospital with DKA! However I had a really supportive team around me and although it was hard work juggling my sugars...baby Dylan was delivered on 7th January 2019! He's now 8 weeks old and doing really well.
You will be given extra scans and appointments to support you xxx