Can I just ask am I doing right.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Hi friends well In have been trying harder to get things right.
Instill do not want to eat, but I have now got myself boiled egg for breakfast
Teaspoon of calslaw and a few olives, plus cup of tea for breakfast.
Was out for meal last night had fast pork one slice and Turkey one slice with vegetables no potatoes

Today lunch was gammon steak and salad but gammon was undercooked eat a little then had to leave it.

Tonight I didn't really want anything, but I managed a boiled egg but nothing else just hope that is better than last week weight is coming off nicely.
Would appreciate some come back please xx

Reactions: Prem51

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think that's good, but maybe not enough calories.

If you get an undercooked steak at a restaurant, do not hesitate to send it back for more cooking!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@motherhen, I'd say your choice of foods has been great, but you could do with more of them.

As far as your boiled egg is concern d, how about mashing it in a cup, with some butter and eating it with a spoon? That used to be one of my favourite childhood light meals, although usually I did have some soldiers with it.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Motherhen2014 apologises if I am over reading this. You write as if eating any food is an issue. What you are eating is fine for a low carb glucose controlling diet but I would suggest more low carb calories would be good thing for you.
With @NoCrbs4Me if it is not cooked, send it back, if out.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Motherhen2014 apologises if I am over reading this. You write as if eating any food is an issue. What you are eating is fine for a low carb glucose controlling diet but I would suggest more low carb calories would be good thing for you.
With @NoCrbs4Me if it is not cooked, send it back, if out.
To be honest Hankijam I could just bothered. I thought I was having no carbs had a banana and Lukezade as I felt faint.anyway I ill try to eat !ore if I can.
Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it..

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest Hankijam I could just bothered. I thought I was having no carbs had a banana and Lukezade as I felt faint.anyway I ill try to eat !ore if I can.
Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it..

Looking at your message number you've been active. Can I ask what your blood glucose is when you're feeling faint? I would not equate a banana nor Lucozade as being low carb.
Are feeling okay at the moment?

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Looking at your message number you've been active. Can I ask what your blood glucose is when you're feeling faint? I would not equate a banana nor Lucozade as being low carb.
Are feeling okay at the moment?
I am ok moment but when I get up my head buzzes and I feel as if I am hoing ti fall I am 7.2 I only ever git this feeling qhen I was 1.3. I had lukezade and banana incase my glucise ir Potacium was low.
Just dont feel like eating.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
You need to eat more and do it so the body sees its fat as excess. Yours may well consider it needs to keep all the fat it can.

Try adding butter to tea and coffee. Morning and lunch make it a proper lump of butter. That will keep the body happy and could well increase your weight loss. If your body has sufficient constant supply from meals it will be far happier to burn its fat stores.

In my experience keeping things constant is the best way to get the body to adjust.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you I will do that. X

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You need to eat more and do it so the body sees its fat as excess. Yours may well consider it needs to keep all the fat it can.

Try adding butter to tea and coffee. Morning and lunch make it a proper lump of butter. That will keep the body happy and could well increase your weight loss. If your body has sufficient constant supply from meals it will be far happier to burn its fat stores.

In my experience keeping things constant is the best way to get the body to adjust.
I suppose old habits die hard as I thought eating too much fat would make me gain weight I am testing as if I eat too much it goes straight through me.
I normally like half an advocado at breskfast, but replaced it with olives with garlic.

I enjoy salad and vegetables. So I will do my best.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Fat doesn't trigger insulin response. Insulin blocks the body burning stored fat.
Fat makes you feel full. So win win. You feel full and your body can burn fat freely without the insulin.

Because you are taking on energy regularly your body won't try to store it.

If it helps the fat logic, a standard block of butter won't last the week in my house. At least half of it goes in tea and coffee.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fat doesn't trigger insulin response. Insulin blocks the body burning stored fat.
Fat makes you feel full. So win win. You feel full and your body can burn fat freely without the insulin.

Because you are taking on energy regularly your body won't try to store it.

If it helps the fat logic, a standard block of butter won't last the week in my house. At least half of it goes in tea and coffee.
Thank Yoy

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to be blunt but in repeated messages opinions are you eat too little. Your diet still seems very minimal and so the opinions are not likely to change unless your diet does. You seem desperate to lose weight and desperate to avoid food in order to do so. Eating fat for energy (which you appear to lack) will not make you fat despite 50 years of being told so. Increase fats slowly, but consistently until you feel satieated. Doing so slowly allows your body to catch up. Do lots of reading about lchf. It may reassure you that it won’t jeopardise weight loss and will also help diabetes type 2.

Avocado sounds more filling than olives, though there’s nothing wrong with them.

Have you read about false hypos? At 7.2 there’s no reason you should feel bad unless you’ve been used to much higher numbers. Even then it won’t do you harm per se but will feel pretty yuk until you adjust, kind of a withdrawal process.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry to be blunt but in repeated messages opinions are you eat too little. Your diet still seems very minimal and so the opinions are not likely to change unless your diet does. You seem desperate to lose weight and desperate to avoid food in order to do so. Eating fat for energy (which you appear to lack) will not make you fat despite 50 years of being told so. Increase fats slowly, but consistently until you feel satieated. Doing so slowly allows your body to catch up. Do lots of reading about lchf. It may reassure you that it won’t jeopardise weight loss and will also help diabetes type 2.

Avocado sounds more filling than olives, though there’s nothing wrong with them.

Have you read about false hypos? At 7.2 there’s no reason you should feel bad unless you’ve been used to much higher numbers. Even then it won’t do you harm per se but will feel pretty yuk until you adjust, kind of a withdrawal process.
Thank you for explaining it for me.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Avocado is a great food for diabetics - maybe have it and the egg, and perhaps some green salad - far better to get vitamins and minerals from plants than fruits.
You do need to eat to maintain or even improve your muscles - your heart is a muscle, so is much of your gut, you need to be strong if, for instance, you were to trip on the stairs, could you hold your weight until you regained your balance?
Losing weight can be entirely the wrong thing to do if it is muscle mass you are burning off.
By eating low carb and what are now considered high fat foods, you alter the fuel your body uses from glucose to fats. Once you start to burn fats you have a more efficient fuel source which is why fat adapted people report more energy, better moods, even improved cognition.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
No sorry, I do not think that your diet is ok. You are eating far too little. One slice of pork and one slice of chicken? Teaspoon of Coleslaw?? If you can only manage one egg for breakfast, why not add a couple of slices of bacon, or some cheese and mushrooms. Or have 2 eggs with bacon. If you really cannot be bothered with lunch, then have a larger dinner. Going by your meat content that is not enough. How about 2 fatty pork strips, with broccoli and cabbage. I fill half my plate with veg, so that I am full up. Evening you could have a snack of some berries and cream or nuts. You really need to eat a little more.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am ok moment but when I get up my head buzzes and I feel as if I am hoing ti fall I am 7.2 I only ever git this feeling qhen I was 1.3. I had lukezade and banana incase my glucise ir Potacium was low.
Just dont feel like eating.
@Motherhen2014 as others have said I think you are not eating enough and your body is trying to compensate for this. A few years ago in an effort to lose weight I went on something similar to the Newcastle diet and had 800 calories a day. After 4 months I had lost about 7 lb but felt really ill and when I went to see my doctor he prescribed a good meal and told me to eat more because my body had gone into starvation mode and was beginning to shut down. A couple of weeks later an endocrinologist confirmed that my metabolism was far too efficient and told me that I was one of his few patients that could honestly blame their weight on their metabolism and gave me a stark choice - eat normally and stay as I was or to cut calories and risk my body shutting down completely - I chose the former. I have since been diagnosed with under active thyroid which he predicted would eventually happen and have lost some weight due to a combination of meds and low carbing. I would like to lose more if possible but am content to stay as I am - fit and healthy and any loss will be a bonus.