JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been using K2 for a while now but not for BG control as I didn't realise that it was supposed to alter IR I use it because it helps concentrate calcium in the bones and I am prescribed calcium supplementation. though to be honest looking back now my blood sugars do seem marginally better controlled since I started taking it but that may be a completely subjective observation rather than totally objective sorry I could not be more positively helpful in my reply all I can say is as it were suck it and see give it a try it can't do any harm I think.

edited to correct predictive texts stupidity.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I have been using K2 for a while now but not for BG control as I didn't realise that it was supposed to alter IR I use it because it helps concentrate calcium in the bones and I am prescribed calcium supplementation. though to be honest looking back now my blood sugars do seem marginally better controlled since I started taking it but that may be a completely subjective observation rather than totally objective sorry I could not be more positively helpful in my reply all I can say is as it were suck it and see give it a try it can't do any harm I think.

edited to correct predictive texts stupidity.

Thanks John. That was my thinking too. Thanks for confirmation .

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@OrsonKartt - I take K2, along with my D3 for best bang from th buck.

Thanks for your input. I read that if you take d3 it is advised that you take k2 alongside so as not to run into any problems. Ive read what I can via Google scholar , nearly every paper seems to say " yea it looks like good stuff but more research is necessary ". Guess I'm going to suck it and see what happens.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your input. I read that if you take d3 it is advised that you take k2 alongside so as not to run into any problems. Ive read what I can via Google scholar , nearly every paper seems to say " yea it looks like good stuff but more research is necessary ". Guess I'm going to suck it and see what happens.

After my natural Vit D (the highest natural D my Endo has seen in a long time) Plummeted to become low, I was initially prescribed a loading dose of D3. My reading informed I should be take K2 with it. Finding K2 to take in parallel wasn't the easiest, as most of it is already wound in with D3. I now use a combined capsule for the maintenance aspect.

Please do some reading on dosages as the NHS can be pretty conservative in these things as we know.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for your thoughts, I most certainly will.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I take a sublingual K2 spray from Better You along with their sublingual D3 - only during winter months, October to March.
Thanks . I've just ordered this one. To me this makes much sense in the winter months which hopefully we are now pulling out of here in the uk