Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Went into town and r fave chinese closed down to say im gutted is an understatement back by home now so gonna drown my sorrows

Sad, sad, sad. We had a really great one here, and I mean REALLY great and then they all went back to Hong Kong and a greasy Chinese takeaway moved in

K

Knikki

@Scott-C a veritable feast of soups you should have enough there to be a real catch for that bar maid several thousand posts back ;):hilarious:

Oh @Mel dCP really have I seen such a photo with a look of plotting several unfortunate miss adventures that may befall your other half, all because he as for you to pose :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Scott-C, Elsinore seafood gumbo? The ghosts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern? Murder in the closet?

Lol, F, just like you had to google "twocking" last week, my knowledge of Shakespeare is so pitiful, I had to google "Elsinore" to find out what you were on about!

Turns out the company is based in Helsingøre/Elsinore and makes a play of the Hamlet connection on its website.

Been checking the ingredients on the can: the seafood gumbo is shrimp and Norwegian lobster. That's going to go well with some toast and goat butter "soldiers" for dipping. There's going to be richter scale nom nom moments in my immediate future..

https://www.elsinorefoods.co.uk/elsinore-products/

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :)

I am back.... and with a bump

Those of you who have seen my (very first) posts in the Pregnancy section of this forum, will know I have struggled with infertility for years and years. I had finally been funded and approved a round of IVF and was all set to go with it, only to find I fell pregnant naturally the very same month I was set to start treatment

It has been a rough few weeks/months, with hospital stays, scares and severe sickness and diabetes has only made it so much harder.

Hope you are all doing well, I have missed this forum, and the support on here so hopefully will be dropping in more often

x

Fantastic news! Huge congratulations! Had severe sickness (hospitalised) with all my pregnancies, luckily pre diabetes. Sending hugs, it is a dire thing. Luckily it didn’t affect my son. 35 fit and healthy with big muscles!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi All, Scott invited me over to join you guys as it is my first day on the Forum.
I can see that this is where all the Experts hang out.

As I have got you all in the same place I have a question:
"Do you ever get bored of newbies asking the same questions over and over?"
Hi Slog....we were all newbies once, not that I can remember that far back lol. Learned more in a year on here than previous 48 years! That also includes words over 3 syllables

Reactions: Fairygodmother

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning :)

I am back.... and with a bump

Those of you who have seen my (very first) posts in the Pregnancy section of this forum, will know I have struggled with infertility for years and years. I had finally been funded and approved a round of IVF and was all set to go with it, only to find I fell pregnant naturally the very same month I was set to start treatment

It has been a rough few weeks/months, with hospital stays, scares and severe sickness and diabetes has only made it so much harder.

Hope you are all doing well, I have missed this forum, and the support on here so hopefully will be dropping in more often

x
Woohoo congratulations

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well spent all afternoon in the pub watching the rugby, lager was too cheap so had a few too many. Currently sat on a 2.9 which is refusing to climb....DON'T OVER TREAT
FB_IMG_1550952593696.jpg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
“Let’s take a photo of you and your new car” says husband.

Me: *face*

View attachment 31458
My new car comes March 7th and I'm hoping for a happy face if it fits through the gate posts. On a different note.
One hand BG reads 5.8, Other hand reads 7.6, this was straight out of bed. Both hands washed, 7.2. Had to stop otherwise I could have done every finger
Is it time to get a new machine?
More sunny gardening today despite the aching back. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday

Last edited:
Reactions: kitedoc
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, it's another lovely day outside. I had an hours walk yesterday morning, but ended up with a low, which is so annoying and frustrating. Going out for another walk again this morning, so I will just take 1/2 unit of insulin, even though I am 10.4 (before bed 7.6 ) and see how that goes. ps I saw so many lemon coloured butterflies yesterday :happy:
Happy Sunday guys:)
Good-Morning-With-Butterfly-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
696F3E0D-45C0-4C0A-9BB1-2DEB3E19CBA1.jpeg
Just framed latest cross stitch picture.....bright and sunny here so think some gardening is required once I have caught up on housework....then relaxing later and deciding on next project....
...hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing....:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
“Let’s take a photo of you and your new car” says husband.

Me: *face*

View attachment 31458

Ah. The "K12." My wife had the 16v petrol version. & the K11 version 3 years prior.?
She owned K12 from new for about 8 years? My wife did transverse back country lanes to her place of work during this time..(a lot were mildly flooded.)
Keep a close eye on those rear wheel bearings.. ;)