Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night, and after the first set I knew that it was going to be a long night, but I finished it 8x4 and then went home!! Training for competitions is fun and hard work, but also enjoyable.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14.5k steps today including 50 mins worth lawn mowing - one of my favourite ways of exercising. Inch by inch (but not this Sunday)

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Just got back from the regular walk, “sailing” for the first half, meaning not pushing but pretty fast easily, then had to push but a couple of 1/2 mile splits were right up there with the best. Added a block, hoping for 3 miles. The trip meter on my phone said 2.98. Close! The moon was Soooo Biiiig!!! Just rising as I started out.
@ianpspurs that really is an early lawn mow! I’m assuming if you enjoy it you are using a rotary push mower, no smelly loud engines disturbing the peace? I can smell the grass from here...
Anybody who has an excess of gardening energy, please come over here and take half my irises and half the bird-of-paradise plants! And separate the hundreds of crocuses which may not even be crocuses- they won’t bloom so not really sure... I want to want to enjoy gardening...

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did my first 1km this morning in the Diabetes UK Swim 22 challenge, took 31mins. Haven't been training for this - I've taken the view that swimming 22 miles in 12 weeks IS the training - but pleased with the time given that I'm not a great swimmer and most of the lengths were breaststroke rather than crawl. The general improvement in fitness meant that I wasn't tired at all after that session so I'll look to do 2km in some of the sessions in the future. My aim is to improve my front crawl form over the next few months!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been inspired to do some of my local canal walks over the last couple of days. I'm still unimpressed by the runners and cyclists who don't "share with care" (which was most of them today - really, I'm not going to vanish into the hedge or fall into the canal just so you can go fast without stopping) but I've enjoyed most of the walking as it's flat so I could go for an immoderate amount of miles at a gentle moderate pace.

Tuesday I did some hilly walking which was good to do as well to ease me back to varying the terrain again.

In the "who knew?" category, it seems my Achilles tendon dislikes carrying two large tubs of Swarfega for 1000 or so steps more than it does doing 35000 steps without extra weight in the backpack.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still unimpressed by the runners and cyclists who don't "share with care" (which was most of them today - really, I'm not going to vanish into the hedge or fall into the canal just so you can go fast without stopping)

With you on that @Japes same experience for me today. Walked home from work via canals, the Thames and various parks. Glorious sunshine - shorts got their first outing of the year - and clocked up 30.4k steps of which 27.3k were aerobic.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry - I’ve been absent for longer than I care to think about and in truth it’s just because I haven’t been bothered to do much worth reporting. But just done 50 lengths of the pool which is the first time for a while so noting it down

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Full on day today. Footie practice this morning followed by a stunning and epic canal walk - 28k steps. Almost asleep already.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pedometer on my phone shows 10.3k steps one in my pocket a bit less. Little point in being too precious about the actual number. The 10k has no scientific basis and at any pace I can muster walking is hardly a fitness activity - hard work but the fitness is mostly for the dogs.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Some days no walk but twice now 3 miles round the ‘hood! And a couple of shorter walks just to say I did it.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Yesterday was a footie tournament - our over 50s walking football team at a disadvantage in a full on running tournament with teams half our age, but fun! Followed up with 17k steps and a bit of retail therapy.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Playing in the FA People's Cup GG?

I just did a circuits class then 2000m swim. Blood was 5.2 after that, and next to no food all day. Changed days indeed!

Oh and love the new pic @ianpspurs...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK so another day has dawned and the febbleometer has registered 15.3k steps. Included in that was 35 mins lawn mowing which allegedly gives about 200 CME points. Probs about as much use as a chocolate fireguard for fitness or dealing with bg but it entertained a feeble old chap.