Xdrip+ vs Tomato for MiaoMiao

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yep you could be right there, plus Samsung blue tooth is not the best in the world, the app "appeared" to connect just didn't read anything ~shrug~

Samsung phones are a nightmare with this stuff.

There's been a lot of posts from experienced people who know their stuff posting screenshots of the status page saying, "Buggy Samsung - using workaround".

It says a lot about JamOrHam's commitment to the project that he and the other developers have written code to try to get around Samsung being plain weird.

Maybe they should just rewrite it to pop up an alert saying, "You're using a Samsung - **** off".

Reactions: Capt-Slog

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Samsung phones are a nightmare with this stuff.

There's been a lot of posts from experienced people who know their stuff posting screenshots of the status page saying, "Buggy Samsung - using workaround".

It says a lot about JamOrHam's commitment to the project that he and the other developers have written code to try to get around Samsung being plain weird.

Maybe they should just rewrite it to pop up an alert saying, "You're using a Samsung - **** off".
Lol... Scott.. You're so badass

K

Knikki

Same here. I have seen Tomato a few times in the Xdrip screen on my phone :)

It actually has its OWN app which you can find on the Play Store for Android and I think Apple as well :)

See above comments :)

I think the legend in the xDrip simply refers to the MiaoMiao and its battery usage nothing more, least I think.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I am connected! Already spent AGES going through the settings. Still trying to work out what some of the lines mean on the graph.

Reactions: Knikki

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
There is SO much stuff to read online. I am about a third of the way through setting up Nightscout.

How often do you guys enter a calibration reading?

When I eat anything, I am still using my Expert meter for Bolus advice, like my DSN and Dietician have told me to.
So I use the Expert reading to calibrate XDrip.

Once, XDrip was reading 3mmol Higher than my Bg meter, but every other time it has been within 0.2mmol.

Do you find your readings very far out?

K

Knikki

If. I calibrate then it tends to be first thing in the morning and when I have a level line, as @Scott-C mentioned it is not worth doing when your trends are going up or down as it tends to throw it off. It is best to do it maybe once a day or every couple of days. Once you have been playing with it for a while you'll learn what suites you best.

Yep use the finger prick meter to add calibration data.

Libre sensors are notorious for there sometimes "way wood" readings especially if outside their optimal range. The best advice is, if Libre is saying one thing and you don't think it is right, then finger prick. It is great tool but does not fully replace finger pricking.

The xDrip is, as you have probable gathered, is done by third part developers and not supported or endorsed by Abbotts. The xDrip dev team have backward engineered their software to decode the Libre readings. It is one reason why they have an active community and release code fairly often.

Most of us "warm" up the Libre sensor by attaching it to the arm BUT not activating it for 24 hours. They seem to bed in and give better readings.

Happy CGM day :)

Reactions: Listlad

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
My average Time in Target (TiT) for the past year has been 8%. Which is pretty appalling.
There have been good days (like the 23% when I stopped eating for 24 hours!)

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but since having my MiaoMiao and XDrip, in the last 24 hours, my TiT is 55%. Bearing in mind that for at least half of that I have been trying to get XDrip setup properly, that is amazing.

I know it is just a tool, but maybe it is the right tool for me.