What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 today which is quite incredible. We were invited to my lovely cousins for dinner last night. My auntie wouldn't tell me what was on the menu. Wanted a nice surprise for us. Home made pizza!!! Not fathead either. Nope, full on dough. Plus bbq ribs....smothered in sauce. And prawns in garlic sauce. Oh let's not forget the homemade lemon drizzle cake. He and his lovely wife have just found out they expecting their first child so a few toasts on the agenda.

Dilemma!!! Do I eat nothing and offend (not that offence would have been taken). Or do I eat pizza!!! Question. What would you have done?

The pizza was delish!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

I'm off for a walk to Lidl to pick up more protein rolls. Selling on black market when I get home!!!
Lemon drizzle my fave

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi
missed a few, so the week so far...6.2 6.0 5.3 5.1 5.3 5.7..

but on a good note...hit 13 st 6 lbs today...:D...last few pounds to halfway through the 13's was a b**ger

like to see that ( as its under halfway,) as almost into the 12st area..;).......:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late post for me, ended up in hospital this morning as my chest has been bad and coughed up blood this morning. They thought it was PE but thankfully just an infection..so rest, rest and more rest.. .
Not surprising I was 6.0 just now even though I've not eaten. But be back on form in a few days

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, gosh, @AngiH how scary!
Rest. Rest. And rest some more. (Hug)

@jjraak yes it is a burger. Congratulations! I'm trying to get past the sticking point myself, my body seems locked in at this weight ...

Just to edit my previous post response to @alf_Josiah -- whereas the north here seemed to me d&d (well, the Midwestern section of it anyway), Boston was great, and I would love to see the UK Great North to which I've heard there is a Road.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi
missed a few, so the week so far...6.2 6.0 5.3 5.1 5.3 5.7..

but on a good note...hit 13 st 6 lbs today...:D...last few pounds to halfway through the 13's was a b**ger

like to see that ( as its under halfway,) as almost into the 12st area..;).......:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

You are doing so well. Well done.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak gee thanks that made my day. Well done on the weight loss, nearly where you want to be so really great.
@AngiH you poor girl that doesnt sound nice pls take care. That BG no isnt bad considering you have such a bad infection. x

Reactions: AngiH

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Late post for me, ended up in hospital this morning as my chest has been bad and coughed up blood this morning. They thought it was PE but thankfully just an infection..so rest, rest and more rest.. .
Not surprising I was 6.0 just now even though I've not eaten. But be back on form in a few days
Sending hugs get well soon x

Reactions: AngiH

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Went to look at another Sausage Dog Puppy last night

We’ve slept on making a decision and this morning we still can’t decide

View attachment 31417
I totally understand your hesitation Cumberland but reckon you won't be able to resist those eyes for very long. Best wishes. :joyful::)

Reactions: dunelm

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chronicle_Cat

We have bitter melon now and again. My wife buys it from Asian stores as a fresh vegetable. Looks like an ugly cucumber. But tastes very bitter as the name suggests.

I bought some today, frozen. I did not know it had such properties. Is it true?

According to Indians, it is supposed to help blood glucose. I tried it as a vegetable (cooked from fresh, we have a lot of south Asians in Toronto) but I didn't like it at all, even my Indian son-in-law doesn't like it (but said mine was authentic.) I didn't see any difference with it as a vegetable on my blood glucose, maybe a slight effect with the bitter melon tea (which isn't bitter unlike the vegetable) I got the karela tea at a local Indian grocer. It says right on the package "helps in maintaining blood sugar levels."

I think it's one of these things where your mileage may vary like apple cider vinegar (which had no effect on me at all.)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
According to Indians, it is supposed to help blood glucose. I tried it as a vegetable (cooked from fresh, we have a lot of south Asians in Toronto) but I didn't like it at all, even my Indian son-in-law doesn't like it (but said mine was authentic.) I didn't see any difference with it as a vegetable on my blood glucose, maybe a slight effect with the bitter melon tea (which isn't bitter unlike the vegetable) I got the karela tea at a local Indian grocer. It says right on the package "helps in maintaining blood sugar levels."

I think it's one of these things where your mileage may vary like apple cider vinegar (which had no effect on me at all.)

Lots of quinine in it OK for some but not everybody.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Luckily my stop is at the end of the line so I’d be sure to be booted off!
I’ve just got in and am very proud of myself for not nodding off at all.

Well done!

I had to be woken up by the driver one morning years ago when we got to my work stop -- last on the route, fortunately!

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday.and the chance of a looooong lie in...and yet here I am.. 3rd on the grid...ggrr.

"Brain..Y 4 u wake me SO early, :***: ."

Fbg ...a mediocre 6.5...poor food choices yesterday,
maybe that square of chocolate, late on..who knows.
It is what it is, I suppose.

Great scores @Goonergal @Jim Lahey
Enjoy Sunday, all.

Last edited: